Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Live Training /

Live Training Cancellations - Sunday Febraury 23rd

Old
Default
Live Training Cancellations - Sunday Febraury 23rd - Sat Feb 22, 2014, 05:18 PM
(#1)
PSO Admin's Avatar
Since: May 2010
Posts: 301
(Administrator)
WhiteStar
Hello,

Due to unforeseen circumstance beyond our control many members experienced difficulties attending Live Training today. This issue has been reported and we hope to have it fixed as soon as possible.

Unfortunately it is unlikely that this issue will be fixed by tomorrow so as a precautionary measure we are rescheduling tomorrows session with Tyler Frost until a later date. (TBA)

There will be no live training sessions on Sunday, February 23rd.

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,
Team PokerSchoolOnline


Team PokerSchoolOnline - Administration

 
Old
Default
Sun Feb 23, 2014, 08:40 AM
(#2)
Tyirl's Avatar
Since: Dec 2012
Posts: 389
wwhhhhaaaaaa

Understood, though, lol. Hopefully it will be fixed soon
 
Old
Default
Sun Feb 23, 2014, 02:15 PM
(#3)
TheLangolier's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 13,512
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSO Admin View Post
so as a precautionary measure we are rescheduling tomorrows session with Tyler Frost until a later date. (TBA)
Hi all,

Tyler has rescheduled this for next Sunday the 2nd at 14ET, assuming the issue is resolved by then (we fully expect it will be). Stay tuned for updates from Admin regarding this weeks upcoming schedule.

Regards,
Dave


Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner



 
Old
Default
training cancelled - Sun Feb 23, 2014, 05:23 PM
(#4)
sausage187's Avatar
Since: May 2013
Posts: 20
BronzeStar
sorry to hear trainings cancelled can some one tell me were i now get power play pass word now please thanks
 
Old
Default
Sun Feb 23, 2014, 05:25 PM
(#5)
The Gers331's Avatar
Since: Jul 2012
Posts: 2
BronzeStar
Yes may i have the password thanks
 
Old
Default
Sun Feb 23, 2014, 05:33 PM
(#6)
sausage187's Avatar
Since: May 2013
Posts: 20
BronzeStar
panic over i found it on password forum many thanks
 
Old
Default
Sun Feb 23, 2014, 05:35 PM
(#7)
sausage187's Avatar
Since: May 2013
Posts: 20
BronzeStar
go to the password forum i dont no if i will get into bother if i tell you here but u can find it in the password forum
 
Old
Default
Sun Feb 23, 2014, 05:39 PM
(#8)
The Gers331's Avatar
Since: Jul 2012
Posts: 2
BronzeStar
Its fine m8 i got it cheers
 
Old
Default
Youtubechannel? - Mon Feb 24, 2014, 10:16 PM
(#9)
Ashalina77's Avatar
Since: Mar 2013
Posts: 88
Hiya!

A sunday without livetraining is like no snow @ X-mas!!! Just saying... lol

Would it be a possibillty for you guys to start up a PSO Youtube channell? xflixx's grindingitup is a huge success, so maybe it's time for PSO to hop on the youtube train? Lol

Just missing intelligent people babbling about a card game, that's all... *angelface*

<3
Ash

P.S Facetime is also welcome! Gareth once said something about appreciating people attending class in any state of undress. So that must count for him too.. The ladies would love the videofeed xDDD
 
Old
Default
Mon Feb 24, 2014, 10:18 PM
(#10)
Ashalina77's Avatar
Since: Mar 2013
Posts: 88
Oh and l'm aware the new trainingtool is upcoming, but this might be a great temporary solution for us addicts!
 
Old
Default
Tue Feb 25, 2014, 12:32 PM
(#11)
rolo834's Avatar
Since: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,425
new training tool caught my eye...is really gonna happen?

Do hope so and hope the developers and staff get together and trial /test it b4 its release...dont wish to delay it any longer if indeed its happening like Ash says .can always expect a few bugs when a big new project is completed
 
Old
Default
Tue Feb 25, 2014, 01:29 PM
(#12)
bhoylegend's Avatar
Since: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,261
Meh, delete this post.

Last edited by bhoylegend; Tue Feb 25, 2014 at 01:34 PM..
 
Old
Default
Training Tool Student Input: Hijacking This Thread - Tue Feb 25, 2014, 05:27 PM
(#13)
Tonk Shuffle's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSO Admin View Post
Hello,

Due to unforeseen circumstance beyond our control many members experienced difficulties attending Live Training today. This issue has been reported and we hope to have it fixed as soon as possible.

Unfortunately it is unlikely that this issue will be fixed by tomorrow so as a precautionary measure we are rescheduling tomorrows session with Tyler Frost until a later date. (TBA)

There will be no live training sessions on Sunday, February 23rd.

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,
Team PokerSchoolOnline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashalina77 View Post
Hiya!

A sunday without livetraining is like no snow @ X-mas!!! Just saying... lol

Would it be a possibillty for you guys to start up a PSO Youtube channell? xflixx's grindingitup is a huge success, so maybe it's time for PSO to hop on the youtube train? Lol

Just missing intelligent people babbling about a card game, that's all... *angelface*

<3
Ash

P.S Facetime is also welcome! Gareth once said something about appreciating people attending class in any state of undress. So that must count for him too.. The ladies would love the videofeed xDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo834 View Post
new training tool caught my eye...is really gonna happen?

Do hope so and hope the developers and staff get together and trial /test it b4 its release...dont wish to delay it any longer if indeed its happening like Ash says .can always expect a few bugs when a big new project is completed
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoylegend View Post
Meh, delete this post.
This may be a little off topic, but since Admin has not updated when training will actually start up again, maybe we should have a new dialogue about the new training tool instead. Some sites want input from their users when they want to make changes, because they feel it improves the service they provide. A student input thread of this nature should have been started a while ago. Albeit, in this case, we are free tuition non-paying customers, hehe.

Allow me to seize the initiative, and present a practical sort of idea. Included in the training tool there is a need for a button that messages or indicates to the instructor that, "Yes, I hear you," and/or, "Yes, I see the cards." Why? Because sometimes in the chat section there will be relevant, and even technical discussion that gets 'walked on' when Dave, G, C, xF, et al. asks, "Can everybody see the cards?" or "Does anyone hear me?" This is then followed by:

y
y
y
y
"no i would fold because blah blah"
y
y
y
y
y
"4bet 23bb or fold because blah blah
y
y
y
So what you were trying to read...
y
y
y
y
y
y
y
y
you now try scrolling back....
y
y
y
y
y
y
y
It keeps getting preempted by the chat resetting itself with every new...
y
y
y
y
y
y
... or or
Or maybe there could be an option to disable the chat box from resetting itself?

There could also be a separate box where instructors - and possibly mods - could post links relevant to PSO and live training affairs.

And change the colours from green/black to burgundy/silver.
y
y
y
n
y
n
y
n
y
These are just some random ideas, which might fall under the eye of whoever is developing the new tool. Maybe other students have something useful to say which could make live training better. Its best to say something now rather than complain later. Right?
y
y
y
y
y
y

Last edited by Tonk Shuffle; Tue Feb 25, 2014 at 05:30 PM.. Reason: grammer
 
Old
Default
The truth... - Tue Feb 25, 2014, 05:31 PM
(#14)
Ashalina77's Avatar
Since: Mar 2013
Posts: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonk Shuffle View Post
This may be a little off topic, but since Admin has not updated when training will actually start up again, maybe we should have a new dialogue about the new training tool instead. Some sites want input from their users when they want to make changes, because they feel it improves the service they provide. A student input thread of this nature should have been started a while ago. Albeit, in this case, we are free tuition non-paying customers, hehe.

Allow me to seize the initiative, and present a practical sort of idea. Included in the training tool there is a need for a button that messages or indicates to the instructor that, "Yes, I hear you," and/or, "Yes, I see the cards." Why? Because sometimes in the chat section there will be relevant, and even technical discussion that gets 'walked on' when Dave, G, C, xF, et al. asks, "Can everybody see the cards?" or "Does anyone hear me?" This is then followed by:

y
y
y
y
"no i would fold because blah blah"
y
y
y
y
y
"4bet 23bb or fold because blah blah
y
y
y
So what you were trying to read...
y
y
y
y
y
y
y
y
you now try scrolling back....
y
y
y
y
y
y
y
It keeps getting preempted by the chat resetting itself with every new...
y
y
y
y
y
y
... or or
Or maybe there could be an option to disable the chat box from resetting itself?

There could also be a separate box where instructors - and possibly mods - could post links relevant to PSO and live training affairs.

And change the colours from green/black to burgundy/silver.
y
y
y
n
y
n
y
n
y
These are just some random ideas, which might fall under the eye of whoever is developing the new tool. Maybe other students have something useful to say which could make live training better. Its best to say something now rather than complain later. Right?
y
y
y
y
y
y

Right!!!
 
Old
Default
Tue Feb 25, 2014, 05:42 PM
(#15)
royalraise85's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 26,032
(Community Coordinator)
Hi Guys,

Please feel free to email all suggestions to ideas@mypokerschoolonline.com That way you are sure Admin will see them.

Cheers,
Raiser


Moderator

Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Hijacking This Thread - Tue Feb 25, 2014, 06:15 PM
(#16)
Tonk Shuffle's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 618
Thanks Paul,

I shall email Admin a link to my previous post ASAP.

What I am attempting to do here is to open a broader, general, more thorough discussion for the new live training tool; where students and teachers can ping ideas off each other, rather than each acting alone in a bubble. Or worse, not saying anything at all. How can any of us know how much and what input Admin is actually receiving? It would nice to gather a cache of opinions in one place as a reference. Most previous forum dialogue regarding live training has been basic questions about joining and getting the tool to work.
 
Old
Default
Tue Feb 25, 2014, 06:49 PM
(#17)
EdinFreeMan's Avatar
Since: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,540
This is clever thinking.

The number of attendees at training is rising - I tend to stay quiet most of the time (not put random stuff in chat) unless I think I have a really good question or point to make - or unless I am drunk... which is too often.

A lot of questions get missed - and sometimes there are so many questions - even if they are all good and relevant - that a hand can take 15 minutes to get through. And every time the trainer asks a q with a Y/N answer as said above the chat box gets stormed and earlier stuff gets insta-lost.

Nobody is really likely to e-mail support about this though - so why not have a forum thread specifically about these types of suggestion - it has been done before.

Ed


4 Time Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Wed Feb 26, 2014, 10:16 PM
(#18)
rolo834's Avatar
Since: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,425
I agree Tonk except i feel Dave and possibly other trainers use the chatbox to their advantage sometimes

For example if someone types somethign off topic/rude/silly...he will ask "makes sense" so as to spam all the "y" so the disruptive persons chat disappears.maybe it was coincidence but ive sene it at least once

I look at the chat too much I need to concentrate on the trainer and the screen more

I wasnt even aware it was in development although in them surveys its what I always ask for.as the trainers do a sterling job but sometiems the tool doesnt

On join.me you can type to whole class or just host.maybe if theres 10 minutes spare tiem at end trainer could randomly answer as many questions as he can although for learnign purposes in real time is better

Yet if your teaching 200 people and you get 50 questions it must be very difficult
 
Old
Red face
Thu Feb 27, 2014, 08:01 PM
(#19)
scyan2013's Avatar
Since: Dec 2013
Posts: 26
ChromeStar
Great will be there
 
Old
Default
Fri Feb 28, 2014, 09:53 AM
(#20)
bokyaw's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 749
Anyone got a ticket yet to the sunday mill satty from xflixx's cancelled live training session? I registered but got no ticket yet
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com