Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL 6-Max Zoom AKo in BB - line check, river bet ok?

Old
2NL 6-Max Zoom AKo in BB - line check, river bet ok? - Sat Feb 22, 2014, 09:01 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2010
No reads, no stats. Thoughts?

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hand...477_DA368190E6

Would normally raise here but against a button open felt flatting was fine to keep some of his weaker Ax, Kx hands in since he should be opening fairly wide. I think the flop check call is fine but is there an argument for check raising on such a dry board? Should we be donking the turn or do we need to continue our flop line here? Is our river bet ok? Should we be betting larger?

Much appreciated!

Old
Sat Feb 22, 2014, 11:53 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi folkstix,

I do prefer 3-betting preflop mostly, since I'll be attacking button opens pretty wide I like to get the value hands in there too.

Post flop I think your line is good. If we felt like he's opening a wide range, then he just never has much on K32r, he's going to mostly have air as the bulk of his range, to which we get no value taking an aggressive action. Check/calling gives him a chance to bluff, and keeps his ace high hands in allowing him a chance to 2 out an ace that will see him giving us action while drawing dead.

I think his actual holding illustrates the weakness of his range quite well. He made a pair, but if he's showing up with 97s that means there are a ton of combos that have nothing on the turn, 98/T8/T9+++up to QJ and Ax, at least.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com