Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL zoom Flopped flush and double gutter draws 200+ BB deep should I have XR?

Old
5NL zoom Flopped flush and double gutter draws 200+ BB deep should I have XR? - Sun Feb 23, 2014, 11:50 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2011

On the flop usually flop this strong a draw happy to get in for 100BB against most opponents.
For 200BB not sure if should have bloated pot on the flop or just called. When he reraises smells of sets and I don't want to get it in against a range of just sets. Perhaps a smaller bet sizing on the check raise would have been better or even leading out?

probably stopped this at uninteresting point as I got there on the turn. Don't think I should have called if didn't get there.

Old
Sun Feb 23, 2014, 02:22 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Given that your draw has so much equity even against the strongest of his hands you can either call or even 4-bet OTF no matter what sizing he bets here. Against a range of sets and two pair you will probably be up high in the 40-50%'s.

The problem with calling is that you're OOP, he can shove the turn and you will probably still have to call it off given your equity so you might as well jsut hope to exert a little bit of folding equity (maybe even against some better flushdraws).

Good thing to note also is he shouldn't have the nutflushdraw (at least no ) too often so our outs are most likely not dominated often

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com