Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

2nd in Bigger $3.30

Old
2nd in Bigger $3.30 - Sun Feb 23, 2014, 12:48 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2012
Title says it all.

Made a 3 way deal giving me $1739.63. Chip leader won $1891.02. Great game, this was huge for my confidence and improvement.

PokerStars Tournament #866157732, No Limit Hold'em
Buy-In: $3.00/$0.30 USD
5011 players
Total Prize Pool: $15033.00 USD
Tournament started 2014/02/23 1:00:00 ET

Dear Built-byTilt,

You finished the tournament in 2nd place. A USD 1,739.63 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

Old
Sun Feb 23, 2014, 12:58 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Wow, that's fantastic bbt!! Congrats!!

Gonna go on another vacation?

Old
Sun Feb 23, 2014, 06:49 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
Very well done, congrats!

Old
Sun Feb 23, 2014, 07:07 PM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2011
Well done, very nice

Old
Sun Feb 23, 2014, 07:25 PM
(#5)
Since: May 2012
Congrats, confidence is important, but I'd like to give you a little tip. Because I took the time to watch the hands you boomed from this tournament, and I wouldn't really say there's anything spectacular there, might've been something you thought was a "hero-call" or a great play in the heat of the moment. The only hand I really liked was the ATo hand where you 3bet his reraise on the J22r flop. I'm not here to discuss hands, but I'm here to remind you that when you get to a final table, and when you want to look back - don't only think about how the final table was played. You should now take your time if you have tracked stats and hands to look on which hands you lost chips, which ones you made chips, and hands that you'd normally play, but didn't - was it your chips dictating that, your position, their stacks, the action infront of you etc.

I want you to realize what went right and what went wrong this tournament, because looking back at your boomed hands will help you nothing at all in the future. Just take your time and analyze the entire tournament, it will do you good - and help your confidence even more. There might be situations where you'll be thinking "Ohh, man I was running good", and other situations you'll realize that "WOW, I played that hand the best possible way". This is the best example of a tournament played to the fullest potential(hopefully) by you, which means that you can learn a lot about yourself and from yourself. I hope you listen to this advice because sometimes it's good to remember why you got deep; was it the cards, was it good play - was it both? Congrats again, I envy your score!

Old
Sun Feb 23, 2014, 07:49 PM
(#6)
Since: Mar 2013
Well played sir.

Lähetetty minun GT-S7560 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Old
Sun Feb 23, 2014, 09:26 PM
(#7)
Since: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Built-byTilt View Post
Title says it all.

Made a 3 way deal giving me $1739.63. Chip leader won $1891.02. Great game, this was huge for my confidence and improvement.
Great result

Old
Sun Feb 23, 2014, 10:59 PM
(#8)
Thanks everyone for the kind words!

And TarekGG, I sent my entire hand history to my coach who will review it all. Of course I have to do it first and give him notes for everything. Like you said reviewing a tournament is the best way to improve. Of course I got lucky, everyone has to if you want to go this deep. Also, I remember spots where I screwed up and definitely some spots I played well. Look forward to the review and playing more MTTs after.

Old
Mon Feb 24, 2014, 12:26 AM
(#9)
Since: Aug 2010
weeeeeeeeeee defo it's not built thru tilt

show us the moneyyyyyyy weeeeeeeee

Congrats Built that ROLL WEEEEEEEEEEEE

Old
Mon Feb 24, 2014, 10:58 AM
(#10)
Thanks Marvin, love the reaction

Hoping I can see you in the Sunday Million next week, I'll be playing a lot of satellites.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com