Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5nl zoom two pair facing agression

Old
5nl zoom two pair facing agression - Sun Feb 23, 2014, 02:35 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012

villain unknown
the 7 pairing shifted his range towards AQ-KQ am I right? we are good more than 66% here if we range him AQ-KQ, quads and boats. What else can be here in his range? Would you play any different?

Old
Sun Feb 23, 2014, 04:13 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
When we call their flop raise, I think I would just check - call down like you did and allow them to bluff with JT, T8, KJ, etc. Value hands that would raise flop are Q9, 97, 77, 99. With the 7 pairing it's now less likely we see 77 and 99 but we are now losing to 97. I would have loved to see the 2d OTT so that I can x/r turn. I think an argument can also be made to re-raise turn since villain can call off with JT, 97, Q7s, Q9, 99, 77 which we have 67% equity against.

Old
Mon Feb 24, 2014, 01:57 AM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2012
are you not including TP hands in his range at all?

Old
Mon Feb 24, 2014, 05:17 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
They sure could have AQ/KQ, the guy is an unknown so we really can't say much but I'd like to give more credit for a raise than just TP. I feel TPs call, 2pair+ and draws/bluffs raise.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com