Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Did I play this correctly?

Old
Did I play this correctly? - Mon Feb 24, 2014, 11:19 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2013
10NLHE, 55, flop set, though river spot
(I'm new to this forum and still don't know how to use it all properly, sorry for showing the boom hand with the results, going to see how does the replayer here work..)

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...535_DB16675FBC

-Should I bet the river anyways even if the flush got there and get some value from a K on that spot, and fold to a raise?
-Was the check/call line on river good? I thought checking might have induced some kind of bluffs there, though when looking back at it not many bluff combos out there..a King would have check behind for sure, another set too probably..

Thanks, can't wait till I see your opinion!

Last edited by Sandwich09; Mon Feb 24, 2014 at 11:49 AM.. Reason: Saw the rules after posting..

Old
Mon Feb 24, 2014, 02:46 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi sandwich,

I think it's a bet/fold all the way personally. You're right, I can't see what villain would get to the river with that would now be a bluff, there's very few combos. So checking to induce a bluff doesn't hold much value, and lets all his Kx combos off the hook for a free showdown. If we're going to pay off his flushes by check/calling, we should at last extract value from his Kx hands as well.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com