Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

good way to play straightflush draw multiway?

Old
good way to play straightflush draw multiway? - Tue Feb 25, 2014, 09:27 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
2NL , zoom , villain had
i hit it lulz
when he bets the turn, i was like yeaz, so u haz flushez... so i wanted to just call call... and probably save few cents:p
ps: im not russian

Last edited by NaturoSasuki; Tue Feb 25, 2014 at 09:31 AM..

Old
Tue Feb 25, 2014, 10:27 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2012
Hey there NaturoSasuki!

Preflop you want to fold such a weak hand pretty much 100% of the time. Your chances of making a straight are tiny. Worse, if you make a flush, you will need to be concerned about losing to better flushes as nearly happened here. Playing such low gappers is going to lose a lot of money in the long run.

As played, raising so much on the flop gets you value owned most of the time since primarily made flushes will continue and the majority of flush hands will be beating you. You have 2 outs to the straight flush which gives you an 8% chance to get there if you see the turn and river. By raising so much you give yourself the wrong odds... Calling is marginal, but since you will likely double up if you get your card, it should be profitable.

PS: Im glad you are posting hands, but it may be easier for everyone to follow along if we stick to standard English. Also, any reads on villains or particular questions would enhance the posts too

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Tue Feb 25, 2014, 02:25 PM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2013
hi Rolandz!

zoom, no info, no reads.. i just wanted to get paid by 2pairs,sets and X hands and some crazy people will call even with anything else... but yeah... i knew i can be dead vs. better flush... and thats why i just called turn to see if i can catch my 2outer for straightflush and also to not lose allstack... which i wont since he betted only halfpot on river

but i know that if i was against higher flush i have 8% so calling w/ implied odds looks most profitable.... i just though i might have best hand... thats all..

Last edited by NaturoSasuki; Tue Feb 25, 2014 at 02:31 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com