Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5nl zoom TPTK vs x/r and shove

Old
5nl zoom TPTK vs x/r and shove - Tue Feb 25, 2014, 03:26 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012

villain unknown
got to be right 26%
full houses don't make sense, 7x either, what do you put him on? OESD and GS? TP type hands?
Would you call?

Old
Tue Feb 25, 2014, 03:45 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
Personally, I would call here, I have seen villains take this kind of line with KQ/KJ/KT and even hands like QT.

He limp/called, while it is possible we are behind, I think with TPTK we are ahead often enough to make the call.

Old
Tue Feb 25, 2014, 03:58 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
I wouldn't call.

Here are the hands that make sense: 99,AKs,K9s+,K7s,97s,K9o,K7o,97o. Not sure if the villain would limp, X/R the big Kx combos (KQs, KJs, KTs) but considering he limped pre and isn't sitting with a full stack, he's not a strong player to start off with. I think calling this shove would be -EV in the long run.

Once you take out the big Kx combos 99 and AKs (all hands that you would assume he'd raise pre instead of limping) you're still way behind the limp range of hands that he's representing: K9s,K7s,97s,K9o,K7o,97o

I would fold and wait for a better spot.

Old
Tue Feb 25, 2014, 04:09 PM
(#4)
Since: Mar 2012
dayum I really forgot the K9

Old
Tue Feb 25, 2014, 04:27 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2012
I think I take back my original post.

I didn't note the size of the shove properly. I actually folded AK in a similar spot earlier, roughly the same SPR, so not sure why I said what I said in original post aside from not taking not of stack size.

Old
Tue Feb 25, 2014, 07:27 PM
(#6)
Since: Mar 2013
well we have to call 1.70 to win around 5.20 so I think you have to call here just incase he is spazzing with 8T or a weaker king. Personally I would have checked this turn because villain stack is now quite shallow and if you bet I think you need to be prepared to call a shove, check minraises are usually quite strong he could easily have 77, 99, K9, 79 and possibly 8T as semi-bluff. He looks quite fishy limp-calling so I can also see him being dumb with random 7X, KX and 9X hands here. If he proceed to check river then I would have value bet it.

Old
Wed Feb 26, 2014, 01:23 AM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
NH!

I would not fold given stacksizes and price/odds with TPTK. We are at the very top of our range here and villain can just be sticking it in with some worse top pairs or even draws like JT/T8 in hopes of representing the 7.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com