Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL10SH - bottom set vs turn check-raise drawy board.

Old
NL10SH - bottom set vs turn check-raise drawy board. - Tue Feb 25, 2014, 07:01 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10, $0.02 ante No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $23.82 (238.2 bb)
MP: $46.99 (469.9 bb)
CO: $33.94 (339.4 bb)
Hero (BTN): $10.04 (100.4 bb)
SB: $10.84 (108.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 4 4
MP folds, CO raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, SB folds, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($1.05) J 4 K (3 players)
BB checks, CO bets $0.68, Hero calls $0.68, BB calls $0.68

Turn: ($3.09) T (3 players)
BB checks, CO checks, Hero bets $1.90, BB raises to $4.99, CO folds, Hero raises to $9.04 and is all-in, BB calls $4.05

River: ($21.17) 7 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:
Click to show hidden text

SB is 38/21/4, f2cbet of 68% over 311 hands, other guy pretty solid reg. Put SB on a draw, AQ hits on the turn but I thought he most likely fold this on flop given his high fold to cbet %, so I think maybe he has KT, KJ, JJ, I assume KK 3bets pre. TT is c/f folding this flop with given action. Is this shove too thin? I do not consider flatting as there are a lot of scary river cards that complete draws on the river and just in case he has one of these.

Old
Tue Feb 25, 2014, 07:33 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
If it was rainbow there'd be more merit to flatting.

As is I think we should x/raise flop and try to GII. A lot of cards can come OTT which makes our hand a lot weaker in a relative sense.

As played I would call turn (not shove) and reevaluate river.

Old
Wed Feb 26, 2014, 02:26 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
+1 to what birdayy said.

I would raise flop as you can get a lot of action from TP type hands and draws (you can also represent draws yourself which is always good).

Turn I feel we should be calling as getting it in may only result in stacking off to the better hand or even folding out 2 pair as it looks so strong.

Live Trainer

Old
Wed Feb 26, 2014, 06:50 AM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2010
Like the others have said, this is a really bad board to slowplay on. There are so many worse hands that can call a raise on the flop that might not be able to give you such good action on later streets.

On the flip side, by just calling you're allowing yourself to be place in a really tough spot on so many turn and river cards when you haven't got the initiative.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com