Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25NL 6max - Loose open utg QTs, cbet and 3bet flop, with "I qualify" nuts?

Old
25NL 6max - Loose open utg QTs, cbet and 3bet flop, with "I qualify" nuts? - Wed Feb 26, 2014, 03:28 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
Hi, an open discussion on this one,

I'm thinking a loose open utg QTss and the action is, +1 and the sb calls.

I c-bet flop KJ8ss, sb checks, +1 raised, I 3-bet flop what? A top royal nut + straight flush draw and any A or 9 non-spade may help.

Then get shoved on and call to win the money out there. Standard play?

So,
1) Bad pre flop play
2) Flop 3-bet shove, or better 3-bet sizing
3) Snap call, or feel a bit sick in the tank and call

So am I getting destroyed because I dug a hole and got lucky.

Last edited by ForrestFive; Wed Feb 26, 2014 at 03:36 AM.. Reason: boom link

Old
Wed Feb 26, 2014, 05:23 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2013
I'm not "qualified" to comment for this stake but I think preflop is a little loose but the flopplay is standard. You are only (slight) behind against tophands KK, JJ, 88, AA and I think those would have raises pre (except 88). All other hands are quite a big dog.

So I like the hand. (what did he have?)

Last edited by rkleefstra; Wed Feb 26, 2014 at 05:25 AM..

Old
Wed Feb 26, 2014, 06:58 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
Ray - I can't really see villain slowplaying AA/KK preflop too often, so the only realistic value hands you're looking at here are JJ, 88 or KJ, and against that range you're 47.5% and including his higher flush draws doesn't change your equity at all.

So I think you played this hand well, it's often better just to keep betting with these monster draws OOP position because a) it's harder to get paid off when you hit and b) if a brick turn comes, you might have to fold if villain puts a big bet in.

Old
Wed Feb 26, 2014, 05:17 PM
(#4)
Since: May 2011
Thanks guys,

Player 5 mucked [Jc,Jh]

Old
Thu Feb 27, 2014, 06:10 AM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2010
Against JJ, 88, KJs we have 45% equity which means that if they ship on our cbet we breakeven with our call. What would suck however is we re-raise and they flat call and the turn comes a blank. Yuk! So we actually realize our equity by seeing both turn and river by getting all in OTF. I sometimes would just jam flop tbh We would lose to rake I think since we are breaking even but I think the loss there is less than the loss of folding. So yea definitely call the all in and maybe even rip it ourself OTF.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com