Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Has anyone ever folded Aces?

Old
Has anyone ever folded Aces? - Wed Feb 26, 2014, 10:22 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2014
For joke? Or by mistake? Or you were afk? In anyway?

lol

I thought it will be fun to talk about it. (especially if someone has a story folding Aces on preflop :p)

Old
Wed Feb 26, 2014, 10:45 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2013
sure

lots of times postflop

preflop a bunch of times by timeout or misclick

at least once deliberately preflop on the bubble of a setellite.

Old
Wed Feb 26, 2014, 12:30 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Preflop, only on a satellite bubble and also a league bubble. Postflop.. tons of times in every type of game.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Feb 26, 2014, 01:19 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2011
Timebank-folded a few times when I lost my internet connection. It was agonising. (HEM stats look a bit weird with VPIP of 99.7% for AA).

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Feb 26, 2014, 06:35 PM
(#5)
Too many times to count post flop. Haven't you?

I've never in in a bubble situation to fold AA pre but I have KK.

Old
Wed Feb 26, 2014, 06:39 PM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2014
This guy was up over $100k and just wanted to ride out the rest of his hands, can't blame him as it's a lot of money, the game was also PL pre-flop and NL after. Check it out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHiEkikhDGU

Old
Wed Feb 26, 2014, 10:15 PM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyesdumno View Post
This guy was up over $100k and just wanted to ride out the rest of his hands, can't blame him as it's a lot of money, the game was also PL pre-flop and NL after. Check it out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHiEkikhDGU

That was in the Big Game, I watched it when it was broadcast. He said, even before it was dealt to him, that he would be folding all the rest of his hands even if he got AA. ( He was the loose cannon )

He was at the time the current leader in profit and was miles ahead of the other profit makers, and so was in line for the $50,000 Vegas package too.

He only had a few hands remaining from the 150 total hands played in the series, so he would have been totally reckless to risk losing all that, when all he had to do was sit back and collect.

Last edited by Bill Curran; Wed Feb 26, 2014 at 10:18 PM..

Old
Wed Feb 26, 2014, 10:53 PM
(#8)
Since: Dec 2012
Yeah, I watched that "The Big Game" episode also. It can still be watched at pokerstars.tv here:
http://www.pokerstars.tv/channels/20...pisode-5.shtml

The thing is that with that format it would be really hard to get it in pre-flop. It's pot limit pre-flop to force the "loose cannon" to have to play post flop with the pros, and with him up so much in profit all he had to do was lose some blinds and antes to keep the money. They say in the episode that he was up "three times his yearly salary" in profit. I think he just should have not looked at the cards, lol.

I wonder if they will make any more episodes of that series. I enjoyed it.

Old
Cool
Thu Feb 27, 2014, 06:48 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Yes indeed. Usual happening is to have the red / black aces and the board comes up with three clubs / hearts, and the players who called your heavy pre flop bid are now pot betting. Other one I can remember is having the aces, three or four players call, and the board is a mid-range straight. (6 - 7 - 8 ) So far, it's been the right call, as I would have lost after the hands were revealed. Did the same in a live game. Heavy bet, guy calls. Queen-high flop. Guy goes all-in. I figured he had pocket queens. He shows and that's what he had. Fortunately, it being a social-poker club, they rabbit hunted the last two cards. Guy would have caught quads on the river.

So if somebody tells you they never folded aces, they lie or haven't played long enough.

Old
Thu Feb 27, 2014, 07:47 PM
(#10)
Since: Dec 2013
I was making a snack and I returned just in time to see my aces folded, I felt so gross afterwards

Old
Wed Mar 05, 2014, 09:39 AM
(#11)
Since: May 2012
Only folded once, I was at a final table in a SNG and there were three shoves in front of me, and even though I had 50% equity against them and it was a +EV call I felt that my edge was big enough to fold and let two players bust and then try to win. Only problem was that I would've won, noone got knocked out and I lost some weird hands after. Hmmmm.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com