Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

AA All in on the flop

Old
AA All in on the flop - Wed Feb 26, 2014, 01:41 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2013
Just want to check that I played this hand the best I could. The V is new to th table so now reads

Thanks for the help

Old
Wed Feb 26, 2014, 02:14 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2011
I would have made my bet sizings bigger pre flop. I would raise his limp to about .08c and when he raises to .12c you make it .20c which is too small and you give him odds to call I would make it around 0.35-0.40c

Old
Wed Feb 26, 2014, 02:18 PM
(#3)
My PF raise must have been a miss click as I would normally make it 8c

Old
Wed Feb 26, 2014, 09:23 PM
(#4)
Since: Mar 2013
As kiwi said 8c is standard, I don't mind 10c either if he is super loose. Against that small 3bet I would 4b to 36c and get it in pre if possible. With the board so dry I would flat here, if he has QQ/AQ/88/44 all the money is getting into the pot anyway, but if he has QK- and JJ- and he is a good player he will fold to a reraise. By flatting we give him the opportunity to fire again on the turn and then shove over the top, or if he checks we can bet and can expect him to call wider compared to a reraise on the flop which looks super super strong given dry board and preflop action.

Last edited by pockettones; Wed Feb 26, 2014 at 09:28 PM..

Old
Thu Feb 27, 2014, 12:07 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Michae,

Raise bigger pre to isolate the weak limper, .08-.10c.

Reraise bigger, the sizing is way too small and gives him a great price to go after your stack for .08c while marking you with a big hand. I think we want to be going more like .28-.30 here.

On the flop I would just raise him all in, rather than min-raise, but it's not that big a difference with only .80c behind. We are almost always ahead here though.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Feb 27, 2014, 12:38 PM
(#6)
Thanks for all the input. I never really know how much to 4b are there any guide lines I could start with?

Old
Thu Feb 27, 2014, 12:58 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
There's some very good videos by Gareth on the subject:

Four The Win

4-Betting Revisited Part 1

4-Betting Revisited Part 2

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com