Cannot fold KK Preflop (MajorLeak?) - Wed Feb 26, 2014, 06:15 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2014
BronzeStar
Iv heard it a million times -

"You never fold KK preflop"
"If you even think about folding KK pre your a fish"
"The only way Im folding KK pre is if he shows me the aces"

Iv heard this is so many times and its exactly what I say to myself in my head when I have KK - I just got brainwashed to play this way and now Im starting to think this is wrong.

I only play 25NL 6MAX ZOOM and Im a 4BB/100 player

Im fairly new at the 25NL so I don't have all the stats on alot of the players yet(Poker Tracker)
so I cant tell whos a Nit or a Maniac,a reg or a casual.

The last 8 Times I got KK preflop 5 of them were against aces. thats 125$ down the trash.
The KK are the only cards I loose this much money with this just unbelievable.

I want a good explanation why I shouldn't fold KK's preflop to a 5bet 25NL 6max zoom.

Do you ever fold KK preflop?
Is taking the chance that he has QQ or AK really worth my 25$ everytime? Maybe I should just fold to a 5bet and take the risk away and get more profitable.

Old
Wed Feb 26, 2014, 06:40 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...g-Kings-Part-1
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...g-Kings-Part-2

I don't think it is a major leak, we are talking about the second best starting hand in NLHE, the only time you should fold it pre-flop is if you can put an opponent on AA, or the chances that he/she has AA is extremely high.

The links I posted above are to a training session provided by Tyler Frost, Team Online Pro, and he explains that yes, sometimes, it makes sense to fold KK pre-flop.

Old
Thu Feb 27, 2014, 06:36 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airburn76 View Post
I want a good explanation why I shouldn't fold KK's preflop to a 5bet 25NL 6max zoom.
Because many players will be stacking off QQ+/AK (or worse), and your KK has 57% equity versus that range.
If you've been running into AA exclusively, it's just variance. I assure you that villains will stack off 100bb with worse.

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com