Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

1$ 45man SnG, AK facing Stop-and-go

Old
1$ 45man SnG, AK facing Stop-and-go - Wed Feb 26, 2014, 10:51 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013

Late game, 14 players remaining, we are sitting around 5th.
Villain playing pretty LAG 25/20. Preflop I was planning on calling a re-shove from seat 1, seat 4 and both blinds.
Can we profitably call villain's stop and go? We need to call 2505 to win 6685, so we need to win 37% of hands. Against any pair we are no more than 30% favorites, even 4x is a 75% favorite. Can villain show up with enough no pair hands to make this call profitable?

Writing this and running the equities make me think this was a clear fold but I just wanna make sure.

Old
Thu Feb 27, 2014, 06:17 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2012
I've not much of a maths orientate player but I would reluctantly let this hand go but it's close. If villain had a pot sized bet left then I would make the call. Cheers, Chris.

Last edited by ChewMe1; Thu Feb 27, 2014 at 06:50 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com