overplayed KK? - Thu Feb 27, 2014, 01:59 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
it was headsup, and when river comes A , it looks more like he dont have A

Old
Thu Feb 27, 2014, 04:04 PM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
Concidering he called the flop there he must have something, I doubt he'll be floating often on A board against your 3B.

Taking that into account him checking back means he probably wasn't floating, as he would bet there mostly then to steal the pot. Instead he checked so he either has a weak A, or some PP. At least most of the time. He would be betting a 2 most of the time aswell to get money from your potential A.

Then the A on the river. The only hand he could be betting is A there, rarely a 2.
Also I don't think the bluff there often enough to call there a pot bet. This is an easy fold.
They also would check down any PP. And if they bet its mostly some worthless small bet.

You'll loose a lot of money calling there with PP's. If he would bet smaller I might concider a call for sure. (Although I doubt that would be good. I just can't see what hand you beat, concidering he won't have many bluffs in his range.)

Old
Fri Feb 28, 2014, 01:25 AM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentras View Post
Concidering he called the flop there he must have something, I doubt he'll be floating often on A board against your 3B.

Taking that into account him checking back means he probably wasn't floating, as he would bet there mostly then to steal the pot. Instead he checked so he either has a weak A, or some PP. At least most of the time. He would be betting a 2 most of the time aswell to get money from your potential A.

Then the A on the river. The only hand he could be betting is A there, rarely a 2.
Also I don't think the bluff there often enough to call there a pot bet. This is an easy fold.
They also would check down any PP. And if they bet its mostly some worthless small bet.

You'll loose a lot of money calling there with PP's. If he would bet smaller I might concider a call for sure. (Although I doubt that would be good. I just can't see what hand you beat, concidering he won't have many bluffs in his range.)
its just my theory that when they bet big , they have nothing, and when they bet midbet or small, they have some nuts ..... so ... im expecting him to have some KQs,JJ, mb even QQ, or other TT,99,... he would try to hero call.... i know a bit too optimistic :p but KQs,JJ def possible and also cuz its headsup...just cant help it they always have A..

Old
Fri Feb 28, 2014, 03:43 AM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi NaturoSasuki

You definitely want to fold on the river here. You 3b preflop nicely and got called. You rep an ace and lead out on the flop getting called again. Any non-ace facecards are normally folding here. This leaves the villain with a range of pocket pairs Ax, 6x and 2 x hands. Ax hands are beating you, 2 x hands improve to beat you on the turn leaving 6x (unlikely with the pf 3b)and Ax hands that you are beating. Checking the turn looks good. On the river a second A comes and the villain who has been sticky, but passive all hand, calling pre, calling the flop and checking the turn suddenly makes a potsized bet. This is almost always for value at 2NL. His line is very consistant with an ace and questionable kicker.

In general at 2NL, passive players that get aggressive on the turn or river, do have a very strong hand. Don't assume the opposite unless you have notes on the villain where you have actually seen them make a big bluff in spots like this.

GL!

Roland GTX

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com