Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Fifty50-fold equity

Old
Fifty50-fold equity - Thu Feb 27, 2014, 02:41 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2012
Fifty50
6 left(bubble)
Blinds 100/200/20

UTG 800
MP 2000
CO 4000
BUT 2800
SB 2500(HERO)
BB 2900

Pot 420

BUT open raises to 440(Note on Villain: very loose on the bubble)
(BB is marked as NIT)

I sit on the SB with 97s and 12,5 BB
Do I have enough chips to make the BUT fold if I shove?
Whats the least amount of BB's(roughly) that give me enough fold equity on the bubble?

Old
Thu Feb 27, 2014, 03:19 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Espada,

We should have very good fold equity in this type of situation, but I see no compelling reason to test that theory here with our SNG life, considering there's a 4bb stack UTG.

You've failed to give the buy in, and I think that's very relevant. I would expect in a $30+ game more players to understand how insanely tight they should call your shove, and be laying down hands like AQ and TT, where as in a $1 game most of them don't know (and don't care) and we will get called off a lot more often.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com