Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL ZOOM - TT on Ts3sQdKs

Old
10NL ZOOM - TT on Ts3sQdKs - Thu Feb 27, 2014, 06:19 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Both villains are unknown
OTT: Do I shove on V6? check shove? or does it matter?

Old
Fri Feb 28, 2014, 02:53 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi dirt eh,

Against two unknowns, I prefer to call preflop rather than 3b. 1010 is a strong hand, but there are so many overcards that can make postflop play difficult, especially being oop. Position becomes the key issue in this hand. You flop a set on a wet board. I like leading out as you did both for value and for protection. There are a ton of hands in V6 range, both made hands and drawing hands. The K on the turn makes both flushes and straights possible, but also many tptk and 2p. Moreover, the villain will often have a made hand with outs to improve to a straight or flush on the river. Since you are oop and first to act on the turn, checking would allow the villain to see the river for free with the part of their range that you are beating AND that would call a turn bet. On the other hand, you might be leading into a made flush or straight as well. Since he can call with worse and you will improve to a full house about 20% of the time on the river, I prefer just putting V6 all in. Had you called preflop the stack to pot ratio would have given you more options on the turn.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com