Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL ZOOM - 65s vs a river shove

Old
10NL ZOOM - 65s vs a river shove - Fri Feb 28, 2014, 03:02 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Villain is unknown 9 hands 22/11/0.5

My bet sizing is maybe too big OTR? Should I be calling this river shove?

Old
Fri Feb 28, 2014, 07:16 PM
(#2)
Since: Mar 2013
If going for a bet I would have made river bet smaller to half pot as it will be hard for even AA to call you, overcards are going to comprise most of the range you beat that will call your bet. Personally I would check-call this board vs a reasonable bet and allow missed draws to bluff here as it is so hard to get paid off by worse against a strong player (go for it against a fish, for sure). Vs shove this is an easy fold. I think he will flat with JT on a paired board like this, shoving is too thin. Cant see him having anything other than a fh. Given the strength you have shown it is very hard for him to shove a missed draws given your range includes a lot of fh combos yourself.

I think your turn bet was fine, he can hold many flush draws and TX like 9T as well as TT, JJ and 2 pair hands. Might have QQ, I expect QQ+ to be 3bet a lot.

Last edited by pockettones; Fri Feb 28, 2014 at 07:20 PM..

Old
Sat Mar 01, 2014, 02:37 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
I think your bets on each street are perfectly fine and I'd play the hand the same way. River has got to be a b/f given that it was a multiway pot at first and there are no further infos/reads on this tighter villain. He would need to be capable of turning a hand like T9 into a bluff.

Live Trainer

Old
Sat Mar 01, 2014, 09:14 AM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSO-xflixx View Post
River has got to be a b/f given that it was a multiway pot at first and there are no further infos/reads on this tighter villain.
What worse hands are we trying to get to call on such a wet board? We are right near the bottom of our value range here and my inclination would be to check/call to let villain either bluff his missed flush draw or maybe even value bet 8x, although he probably doesn't have too many of these in his range that don't have us beat.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com