Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

A bad day in the office ?

Old
A bad day in the office ? - Fri Feb 28, 2014, 08:12 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
Another fruitful day at 2NL 6-max

Yeah, all of them from today's session

Today I played 600BB under expected value leading to a very tilted player.......
Yeah I'm not proud that I started expressing some very negative feelings at the tables.
In my defence, I just was having some pretty unlucky spots.

A few examples (and I 'm leaving out the 'normal' beats as hitting top pair top kicker against a set etc..., )

Hand 1 - enjoy

Hand 2 - some more fun

Hand 3 - This opponent was loving the shove, I felt I was better and my feeling proved right. That is - I was better preflop

Hand 4 - I just hate when this happens 2% right ?

Hand 5 - Oh wait, didn't we see this one before

Hand 6 - And in the end, we tilt......
Although in my defence
Villain 5 is VPIP 18/PF 12/AF2 (flop 3 turn 1 river 1) (253 hands)

I knew I was not having the nuts but as this player had been playing some decent poker, I thought long about his river shove and ended up calling as I could not believe this specific player would be calling on a gutshot on the turn. However I would consider this hand poorly played by myself ( I was going from tilt to control to tilt to control to ... well you get the picture )

Old
Fri Feb 28, 2014, 08:20 PM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2013
Very therapeutic seeing I'm not the only one
Anyhow, if you have some advise - welcome

Old
Sat Mar 01, 2014, 01:10 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Forget about hand results and focus on the quality of your decisions.

Don't get upset over your opponent's mistakes as they make you money.

Brutally honest evaluation of your decisions is highly effective in growing one's game.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com