Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

UTG JJ Calls Raise From UTG+1.

Old
UTG JJ Calls Raise From UTG+1. - Sat Mar 01, 2014, 04:09 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2011
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=913FBE10F2

I felt that once the turn bet came, I was probably behind, all considered.

Old
Sat Mar 01, 2014, 06:10 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
Sounds about right to me. I'm usually folding JJ in that spot against tight opponents. We're just never ahead any of the 3bet value range and I rarely see 3bet bluffs vs an UTG open. Like you said, once they bet the turn they leave us no option but to fold as the turn card really does not give fold equity and when they bet that they more often than not have it.

Old
Sat Mar 01, 2014, 01:50 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2011
Thanks for the feedback, GeoVARTA.

Old
Sat Mar 01, 2014, 07:55 PM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2013
At 5NL I value raise AJs+ AQo+, TT+ against raise that small. If a tighter player, like me do that, I’m pretty sure the actual raising range is wider. This has to be accounted and I really don’t know how if you don’t have any reads.

The raising is because there is no way I can call, because that will give all the players still left right odds to call, even 72o, also your range is usually something like KT-KQo, 45s-TJo, 22-88.

Last edited by braveslice; Sat Mar 01, 2014 at 08:52 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com