Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Pokerstars River.

Old
Pokerstars River. - Sat Mar 01, 2014, 06:02 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2014
BronzeStar
I can't be the only one that has seen some insane rivers on pokerstars over the years. It seems like an incredible rate of hands are killed by the river card, so much so i've come to just accept that i'm going to end up getting busted on the river! D:

Dealt to Parkyboy94 [Ad Qd]
181anna: folds
aspatyh72: folds
BODY 100: raises 1500 to 1800
MeRunSoHot: folds
Parkyboy94: raises 3580 to 5380 and is all-in
raph1014: folds
saddam74921: folds
alex.stone44: folds
BODY 100: calls 3580
*** FLOP *** [Kc Js 4s]
*** TURN *** [Kc Js 4s] [Th]
*** RIVER *** [Kc Js 4s Th] [Ks]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
BODY 100: shows [4c 4h] (a full house, Fours full of Kings)
Parkyboy94: shows [Ad Qd] (a straight, Ten to Ace)
BODY 100 collected 11410 from pot
Parkyboy94 finished the tournament in 16th place

That river cost me getting into the money for example, just getting a little insane for my liking.

Also the amount of pocket pairs that appear in the game is just crazy, every time i see someone shove with pocket pairs, 8/10 times the caller has a higher pair, just got taken out last place before the money with JJ by a pre-flop shove from a KK, why pokerstars

Old
Sat Mar 01, 2014, 06:18 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
44 will beat AQs 51% of the time when heads-up.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by JWK24; Sat Mar 01, 2014 at 06:35 PM..

Old
Sat Mar 01, 2014, 06:29 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkyboy94 View Post

...every time i see someone shove with pocket pairs, 8/10 times the caller has a higher pair....
You do understand the concept that someone calling a shove is meant to have a stronger range than the person shoving?

Old
Sat Mar 01, 2014, 07:16 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
I'm sure I saw a post somewhere from "BODY 100" complaining about Turns recently.

Then he came back in the thread and said that he had hit one of his insane 10 outs on the river.

Grade b

ps.

preflop you had 49% chance to win
on flop you had 14% chance to win
on the turn you had 77% chance to win
and on the river 0% chance to win

And yet the only card you find to be miraculous is the river card? He had a better chance to hit his river than you did to hit a straight on turn and river combined.

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by Grade b; Sat Mar 01, 2014 at 07:22 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com