Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

stats question

Old
stats question - Sat Mar 01, 2014, 11:46 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
Can you look up anybody's stats somewhere?

I just had someone tell me in a tournament that I had won $70 in the last 60 days and all I want to know is how did he look that up?

thanks in advance!

Old
Sun Mar 02, 2014, 04:42 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
For tournaments, there are many websites that track all the online tournaments, the big three being Official Poker Rankings, Sharkscope and Poker Pro Labs but there are others.

I think you can opt in or out of having your stats displayed. As someone who sometimes sells action, I opt in to have all my stats shown so people can see my record.

Old
Sun Mar 02, 2014, 09:04 AM
(#3)
thank you, spand42! though I don't recall ever 'opting in' to such a thing, so wouldn't that then be the default and opting out be the requirement if you don't want people that have never played you before to have any kind of an inkling about how successful or not you are?

will I find that under options?

oh, and if this guy could see how much I had won in the last 60 days (I guess it didn't tell him that I had actually won that in the last 5 days) what other information does it let on? Does it inform how much I had lost, or list all tournaments entered and their buy-in values?

Old
Sun Mar 02, 2014, 12:55 PM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2010
See for yourself

http://www.officialpokerrankings.com...4731D.html?t=3

Old
Sun Mar 02, 2014, 01:13 PM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoaryGill View Post
thank you, spand42! though I don't recall ever 'opting in' to such a thing, so wouldn't that then be the default and opting out be the requirement if you don't want people that have never played you before to have any kind of an inkling about how successful or not you are?

will I find that under options?

oh, and if this guy could see how much I had won in the last 60 days (I guess it didn't tell him that I had actually won that in the last 5 days) what other information does it let on? Does it inform how much I had lost, or list all tournaments entered and their buy-in values?
These sites don't tell the whole story but are a good indication. Private or home games for instance are not tracked. Use them to get a feel for a player but nothing beats good reads at the table.

I always Sharkscope players I have trouble with, sometimes there's a fine line between whale and genius.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Mar 02, 2014, 05:14 PM
(#6)
thank you both for you replies.

Ovalman, yes, that fine line. I like to blur it further by mentioning I'm crazier than a romanian. lol

to my donkey way of thinking, nothing satisfies more than busting self-smug geniuses.

but I'm also certain that^s a 2-way street.

happy trapping!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com