Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL zoom BTN open with AKo. Hit TPTK facing turn min raise.

Old
2NL zoom BTN open with AKo. Hit TPTK facing turn min raise. - Sat Mar 01, 2014, 11:49 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2014
Got some amazing feedback in the other thread. This forum is extremely helpful for developing ABC poker that I'm trying to get good at for zoom, so thanks. Here is another hand I played today, and I wanted to know if I made the right decision.

PokerStars - $0.02 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BTN): $2.07
SB: $2.16 (VPIP: 20.00, PFR: 20.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 5)
BB: $2.00 (VPIP: 8.62, PFR: 3.45, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 59)
UTG: $1.10 (VPIP: 50.00, PFR: 14.29, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 8)
MP: $1.00 (VPIP: 36.36, PFR: 36.36, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 11)
CO: $2.73 (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 2)

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.06, SB calls $0.05, fold

Standard open from the BTN here, I was considering opening to 4x but didn't want to appear like I was showing too much strength and not get called by worse IP.

Flop: ($0.14, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $0.08, SB calls $0.08

Nuttin' exciting. At this point things are going as planned.

Turn: ($0.30, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $0.22, SB raises to $0.44, Hero calls $0.22

Generally when people min-raise the turn I narrow their range to a hit set like 66/88/99. I also figure he could have picked up semi bluff like double spades to a nut flush or something. Or should I be putting straights in his range here? Like floating the flop with 75 or T7?

Either way I want to see the river card and re-evaluate my hand strength.

River: ($1.18, 2 players)
SB bets $0.84, fold

SB wins $1.14

The river comes a spade which, along with the sizing, is enough to convince me to fold. Any feedback much appreciated

Old
Sun Mar 02, 2014, 05:00 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Hey Swagneto,

I like your own analysis very much already, can't really add any more input

Turnminraises are usually still very strong plays especially when they're coming from a typical unknown microstakes opponent. Most of these tend to just call down with weaker hands or draws and will also mostly tend to give up on bluffs by the river. Given that you may get to showdown calling his minraise IP that way or also improve to a better hand that beats some of villain's possible 2 pair combos I think calling turn and folding river on this bad card is fine.

Live Trainer

Old
Sun Mar 02, 2014, 08:01 AM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2013
Swagneto, How did you use PT to get the hand posted here? Did you manually edit it, or is there a new way now?

Old
Sun Mar 02, 2014, 09:16 AM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2014
Excellent, thanks flix, just wanted to make sure I was on the right track!

Quote:
Swagneto, How did you use PT to get the hand posted here? Did you manually edit it, or is there a new way now?
If you right click the hand: Replay Hand -> Options -> View Hand Details

Next to the "Copy to clipboard" title at the top left there will be 3 buttons that you can use to paste the hand into a forum. The 2nd one is generally formatted the best (blue one) and is the one I use on these forums. You just have to edit the way the cards are displayed. Hope that helps.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com