Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL, flopped set of 8's, turn brings flush, cbet?

Old
10NL, flopped set of 8's, turn brings flush, cbet? - Sun Mar 02, 2014, 04:44 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2012
Easy question, I guess:

Against unknowns, multi-way, should I be checking this turn or continuing with my betting?

What little I do know about the CO, would show he is passive, and not likely to raise me off my hand even if he has hit. BB is totally unknown.

Old
Sun Mar 02, 2014, 05:00 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
I think either line is ok OTT: B/F or X/C
I think I prefer B/F.

Old
Sun Mar 02, 2014, 07:29 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Since the texture is A high I would always continue betting here even multiway as I think that we can get so many calls from enough worse (Ax, spadedraws, hands that pick up draws). I also don't fear to get raised by flushes often, and if so it will usually be a small raise against which we may get the correct odds to take the river.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com