Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

JJ: Would You Call This a Cooler?

Old
JJ: Would You Call This a Cooler? - Sun Mar 02, 2014, 12:50 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2012

Only 10 hands on villain (40/40)

The fact he 4bets me obviously announces a lot of strength, but it's BvB so...

Old
Sun Mar 02, 2014, 01:20 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
I'll probably be accused of being a nit, but, I think we can fold to the turn shove.

While it could be a light 4bet BvB, he continues on flop, and shoves turn. 99/TT/QQ/KK/AA are all beating us, we tie with JJ of course but that is just so unlikely.

Unless we have reason to think he takes this line with a total bluff or is value betting a worse hand (Seems quite unlikely) then I am folding and not feeling ashamed about the fact. If he bluffed, nh.

Old
Sun Mar 02, 2014, 01:52 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
I would call this a FOLD. Only hand that we're beating here is AK of clubs and AK of club has a ton of outs against us. If we give the villain all the OPs JJ+, we're CRUSHED!

Old
Sun Mar 02, 2014, 02:09 PM
(#4)
If you're going to call a turn shove why not shove the flop?

Old
Sun Mar 02, 2014, 11:37 PM
(#5)
(Head Trainer)
Hi Carl,

I would not call this a cooler, as was said we can and should fold this turn. Regardless of this being in the blinds, the villain has shown massive strength, and we are beating literally none of his value range. In order for calling off here to be profitable he has to be out of line with bluffs a significant % of the time. I don't expect AK to be shoving the turn after all the resistance we've shown and the top flop card pairing.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com