Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL 6-max Zoom QQ, play OTF and OTT

Old
2NL 6-max Zoom QQ, play OTF and OTT - Mon Mar 03, 2014, 04:40 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Villain: 67/17 over 6 hands

Preflop play is standard. OTF he donk bets the flop and I make standard c-bet and he re-raise. That got me little confused. what is he rep here? Jx, sets maybe which are trying to get some action. So I call.
OTT board pairs and he checks. Now if he had any type of Jx hands now he has trips. So I check back,for pot control. Is check back here good or should I have bet and fold if he re-raise again?
OTR he fires pot bet, and I think it is easy fold.

Old
Mon Mar 03, 2014, 06:51 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi delta, I think you played this hand fine. I think we can actually re-pop it OTF and hope to get the rest of the money in against Jx. Against someone who limp/calls like that on 2NL I think we can expect to get called by worse. However, this also means that we have to accept the fact that they will show up with sets sometimes. 66 and 44 are definitely in his limp/calling range. As played, I think checking back turn and folding river unimproved is the best line. Jx not has us beat and sets have improved to fullhouse.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com