Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL postflop analyse pls

Old
2NL postflop analyse pls - Mon Mar 03, 2014, 12:19 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
zoom , no info,
i know iz loose preflop call but w/e
OTF i have most likely 4 outs and it looks like he haz big overpair so i can count with option to stack him off if i hit my out... so i counted and it was like 12% so i guess its ok... but OTT would it be call too? cuz OTT i need 18%(+ stack him off) and i kindof have 9 outs... 3,3,3,3,5,5,5,6,6.... i know that it can sound optimistic that even 5 5 5 are my outs but many 2NL players will not fold their overpair if i jam such river cuz pot is so deep alrdy and they feel like they are potcommited ...

to sum it up... if he would be folding when i hit ... then i m not getting good odds so i rather folded... maybe if bet was a bit smaller i would call

Last edited by NaturoSasuki; Mon Mar 03, 2014 at 12:23 PM..

Old
Mon Mar 03, 2014, 12:29 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Personally I would fold Preflop.
As played fold OTF.

Old
Mon Mar 03, 2014, 12:31 PM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt eh View Post
Personally I would fold Preflop.
As played fold OTF.
wut is ur argument for folding flop? as it looks so much he has bigpair and if u hit any 3, u stack him off , so u have 16%(4 outs) and u need only 12%(with implied odds)

Old
Mon Mar 03, 2014, 01:38 PM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2013
I would fold to the 3bet as well, but I know you don't so not going to discuse that.

But on the flop this is a clear fold. You PROB have 16%, maybe less if he is on a flushdraw.
You say you only need 12% because of the implied odds.

1) You only have 16% if you see both turn and river. This is never going to happen after he bets pot.
2) Those odds only apply if the money is going in. There is no telling that is ever going to happen here. If he has a big pair and you hit your miracle 3, he is not calling a shove especially if it's the he is eighter afraid for flush, or completes his flush. So you cannot use all implied odds.

As I see it, you have 8% to hit your 3 OTT and you need, a lot more odds to make this +EV.

Summary
pre : call the 56s is good from BTN, but fold it to the 3bet
flop : fold
Turn: fold
river: fold
6th-7th street: fold

All my hubble opinion...

Old
Mon Mar 03, 2014, 01:46 PM
(#5)
it was kind of close call even for me... had to start microsoft calculator and almost timed out:p

Old
Mon Mar 03, 2014, 02:04 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturoSasuki View Post
it was kind of close call even for me... had to start microsoft calculator and almost timed out:p
I wouldn't worry about implied odds at micro stakes. Just worry about basic odds. 4 outs... and I would say that this spot is 3. I don't want to see the 3 of hearts.

3 outs (odds flop to turn, 15 to 1, odds flop to river 7 to 1) OTF the villain gives you 2 to 1 odds... FOLD

Old
Mon Mar 03, 2014, 07:59 PM
(#7)
Since: Sep 2010
Naturo, you keep dismissing your preflop play as not important, but that is the foundation for why you're getting into tough postflop spots. You keep playing crappy hands then wonder why you're facing difficult postflop decisions.

At 2NL, ABC poker and playing for value is easily enough to post huge winrates and move up stakes.

Preflop, against the UTG shorty, you're not really getting great odds to call with your suited connectors, but the call isn't too bad. However you should be folding to this 3Bet, the villain is making a really big squeeze and at 2NL, this is almost never light unless you have reads otherwise, but you never take notes on your opponents either...

Flop is a really easy fold as Ray and dirt eh have already pointed out. Let's assume your perfect scenario and you have 4 outs which you will hit about 16% of the time if you get to see turn and river. If you can guarantee stacking him when you hit, your required odds are 15.1%, which means that you can call.

However you are never going to get close to realising this equity. Like Ray has already said, you are going to get to see both turn and river extremely rarely as villain is going to bet again (likely just shove) so often. Also, if the comes, it might not be a clean out (where you lose your entire stack) or even if it is, it might kill the action and you won't get paid.

At least you folded the turn!

Old
Tue Mar 04, 2014, 05:07 AM
(#8)
Since: Feb 2013
I don’t mind calling 65s against a bit smaller 3bet, but bet like that size tells about his personality who loves big bets and thus is not giving us chances to play draws cheaply.

If you need to think long, it’s better to fold marginal hands at the end, because you give a weak image about yourself, especially against agressive players that is costly. Not that it matters here too much as your image was weak already.

Last edited by braveslice; Tue Mar 04, 2014 at 05:21 AM..

Old
Tue Mar 04, 2014, 07:23 AM
(#9)
y i missplayed dis one... shouldnt call flop.... cuz even and could kill action

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com