Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Mission Week - Official Discussion

Old
Mission Week - Official Discussion - Mon Mar 03, 2014, 08:25 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2012

Complete your mission for a chance to win up to $20,000 in minutes!

Mission Week gives you the chance to win a share of $350,000 in prize money, just by playing your favorite real money games. Simply opt-in to ONE mission using the corresponding Star Code, then complete your mission for the chance to bag the first prize of up to $20,000 in a matter of a few minutes!

How to take part in Mission Week

Mission Week: From March 3 to 23:59 ET, March 9

Choose ONE mission from the options below, opt-in using the relevant Star Code, and play your way to the Mission All-in Shootout on Monday, March 10 at 14:00 ET.

MISSION 'EASY'
Opt-in with Star Code: EASY5
Target: Earn 10 VPPs in any game
Reward: Ticket to Mission 'Easy' All-in Shootout, $50,000 added (Guaranteed first prize: $5,000)

MISSION 'SIMPLE'
Opt-in with Star Code: SIMPLE5
Target: Earn 30 VPPs in any game
Reward: Ticket to Mission 'Simple' All-in Shootout, $100,000 added (Guaranteed first prize $10,000)

MISSION 'POSSIBLE'
Opt-in with Star Code: POSSIBLE5
Target: Earn 60 VPPs in any game
Reward: Ticket to Mission 'Possible' All-in Shootout, $200,000 added (Guaranteed first prize $20,000)

Prizes

Once you have completed your mission, you will receive an email from PokerStars to confirm that your All-in Shootout ticket has been credited to your account. Use your ticket to manually register for the Mission All-in Shootout, where you can win up to $20,000 in a matter of minutes. You don’t even need to be present during the tournament to be in with a chance of winning, as all players who have registered in advance will be all-in every hand until there’s a winner!

Track your Mission Progress

You can track the progress of your mission bonus in the PokerStars client by clicking ‘Cashier’ > ‘My Bonus Status’.

Please Note: Even though it is possible to opt-in and complete your mission via the PokerStars Mobile and tablet app, you cannot track your progress there. If you already have an existing pending bonus on your account when you opt-in for your mission bonus, any VPPs you earn will be credited towards one bonus at the time. More info can be found under Promotional Details.

Using Star Codes on PokerStars

Using Star Codes on Desktop: Log-in to the PokerStars client and choose ‘Account’ from the top drop-down menu. Next, select ‘Enter Star Code’ and input the relevant Star Code.
Using Star Codes on iOS devices: Log-in to the PokerStars app and press the ‘More’ menu at the bottom of your screen. Under the ‘Account’ option, choose ‘Enter Star Code’ and enter the relevant Star Code.
Using Star Codes on Android™ devices: Log-in to the PokerStars app and access the extended menu on your Android™ device. Choose ‘More’ > ‘Settings & Tools’ > ‘Account’ and enter your Star Code.

See the Promotional details page for more on the $350,000 Mission Week, and the Terms & Conditions page for general promotional rules.

Contact support@pokerstars.com if you have any questions about the Mission Week.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Mar 03, 2014, 08:45 PM
(#2)
Since: May 2011
Got the email now after several hours since opting in with the star code.

Need to check tomorrow, if the bean counter bot adds VPPs earned from joining the promotion to when it was confirmed.

No biggie just a niggle good luck in your mission.

Old
Mon Mar 03, 2014, 09:11 PM
(#3)
Well I earned 13 VPPs today but only 8 have been counted. With a whole week to go I'm not too worried about losing the couple of hours it took to be processed for the opt-in.

Would be a nice little boost to make something from this promo. And if not still good motivation to get my grind started this month.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Mar 03, 2014, 11:58 PM
(#4)
Since: Mar 2014
How are we supposed to collect VPPs? I mean, should achieve the target VPP by playing only a single game or can accumulate VPPs by playing multiple games?

Old
Tue Mar 04, 2014, 12:45 AM
(#5)
Yes,

"we can accumulate VPPs by playing multiple games?"

Just play your game. If it's a 0.55 - 0.99 VPP game you need to accumulate 10 - 60 VPPs before the end of this week depending on the mission.

Then you receive a lottery ticket to a prize pool, you have to use the ticket and register, but you don't actually play a hand of poker.

Do not try to earn VPPs beyond your bank roll.

Old
Tue Mar 04, 2014, 06:36 AM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2012
I do wish they would fire out some reg oriented promotions the odd time but I guess this is definitely better than nothing. If it keeps people playing games to have a shot at 20K.

Old
Tue Mar 04, 2014, 08:08 AM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkarch View Post
How are we supposed to collect VPPs? I mean, should achieve the target VPP by playing only a single game or can accumulate VPPs by playing multiple games?
Hello mkarch,

Forrest is right, you can earn VPP by playing any real money games over the period of the whole promotion. The idea is just to give players a little bonus for playing and the different missions are for those who play more or less so you can just play the regular game as you do and take part.

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline. Here's a short video about PSO and what it has to offer you. Also check out >>This Page<< for more info.

We're here to help you so please feel free to ask any questions you may have and thank you for being a member of PokerSchoolOnline.

Cheers,

Chris

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 06, 2014, 12:41 AM
(#8)
Wooo,

Got my "simple" player lottery ticket, with a $10,000 1st prize and $2 min cash, only 4K runners so far. Just registered, so good shoot-out wishes to all. Don't even need to switch my computer on.

Old
Thu Mar 06, 2014, 02:58 AM
(#9)
Since: Feb 2014
Im glad I signed up for "simple" too, it seems that players per $ may be highest in this bracket.

Old
Mon Mar 10, 2014, 12:17 AM
(#10)
Since: Feb 2011
bleh that 8 hour delay in accepting my mission, meant i only just managed to achieve it in the last minute before the cut off lol

Rince

Old
Mon Mar 10, 2014, 05:15 AM
(#11)
Since: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyesdumno View Post
Im glad I signed up for "simple" too, it seems that players per $ may be highest in this bracket.
That was my logic as well although there's a bit of maths involved.

atm the buy in is worth : 24,500 players for $50k = $2.04
13,500 players for $100k = $7.40
30,000 players for $200k = $6.66

So depending on final numbers we've made the correct decision.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Mar 10, 2014, 11:17 AM
(#12)
Yeh I might have made a bit of a mistake going for the Possible mission. I don't really mind what it's worth but the chance of min cashing is way better with the smaller field. In fact as it stands more than half the field gets paid in the Simple tourney so some will get a by straight to the money. But in the Possible some will have to go through two rounds.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Mar 10, 2014, 03:08 PM
(#13)
Won a $2 min cash.

Old
Mon Mar 10, 2014, 03:53 PM
(#14)
My table didn't come up even though I was online at the time, ah well.. looked myself up and it appears I was almost the first person out. Story checks out lol.

Congrats to anyone who got some free cash

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com