Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

overplayed overpair OTT? 2nl zoom

Old
overplayed overpair OTT? 2nl zoom - Tue Mar 04, 2014, 11:42 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
no info , turn is nice card for me.... at least i thought so :<
9+8 makes so many straight combinations ... i wanted to get it in against JT , JQ... if i just called i would need to avoid so many river cards, or simply i ll have so many troubles OTR... so i instead jammed..

Old
Tue Mar 04, 2014, 02:43 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2012
Hey!

Preflop I strongly suggest making a standard 3bb raise, both for value and protection. Raising the flop may be ok if we expect to get called by tp or draws, but I think you would be better off just flatting against an unknown. Keep his range wide and let him barrel the turn with all the hands you are beating. Either way, when your turn bet gets raised warning bells need to go off. His line looks very strong and you only have a pair. Folding would be best. Stacking off in this spot is going to be costly. You will be facing an overpair, trips or full houses much more often than drawing hands. Most players at 2NL will not play draws so aggressively on the flop and turn.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com