AK fold turn TPTK? - Tue Mar 04, 2014, 11:43 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
no info, zoom, ... :<

Old
Tue Mar 04, 2014, 03:03 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2012
Preflop you have a good hand but are out of position and potentially facing several opponents. I would suggest raising a bit larger than your 3x in order to account for the initial raiser and caller. Since the orginal raise was only 2bb, the btn 3bet is also on the small side. I think you can safely bet 32c or so. If you win the pot preflop, that is a good result.

As played, the flop didn't help you and pocket pairs and Qx hands are a large part of the villain's range. Without a read on the villain, I prefer to check the flop rather than risk getting raised. The villain will be calling on this flop with pretty much his entire range.

Once the villain calls your cbet you need to be careful. On the turn, you are going to be better off checking. If the villain is holding a pocket pair or weaker Qx hand, he will fold most of the time so you wont be getting any value. Only the hands beating you are continuing. If you check and he checks, then you can bet the river with better expectations of getting called. Similar to other hands you have posted, we want to be careful not to overplay single pair hands. Without a read, I would normally go for two streets of value and try to avoid getting all in postflop.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com