Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Premier League Qualifiers, -

Old
Premier League Qualifiers, - - Tue Mar 04, 2014, 03:39 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2014
BronzeStar
Hey Guys was playng in the Premier League Qualifier and want to work my way upto this level ASAP but any chance in hlp on hands like the one I will post, Should I have just called the All in raises.

Hate when my Pocket Rockets get Raped

Old
Tue Mar 04, 2014, 03:55 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
(Moderator)
xxx Moved to more appropriate forum xxxx

Old
Wed Mar 05, 2014, 02:25 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Mryilly!

With AA, I get a raise to 150 in front of me. With a premium pair, I need to 3-bet here and the key is the sizing of it. A standard size is to between 3X the previous bet and a pot-sized raise (if it's larger). Due to this, I will raise to 450. I do not want to bet less than this or I can be giving the opps the correct odds to try to outdraw me. If I give them the correct odds and lose the hand, it's my own fault that I lose.

I then get a shove and a call of the shove. With AA (or KK), I'm absolutely re-shoving here. I've got the best preflop hand and I want as many chips in the middle as I can. However, I do have to remember that pocket pairs play much worse in multi-way pots. I'm only going to win 2 in every 3 times in this type of spot.

The result would end up being the same (why we don't want to be results oriented), but the key here is the raise sizing, as a min-raise is too small of a bet and can price opps in to beat me and if I do so, I will lose these much more often than I should.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thank You - Fri Mar 07, 2014, 06:12 AM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2014
BronzeStar
Hey Thanks for the feedback

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com