Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

20FPP Hold'em No Limit, AKo, lost to T8o

Old
20FPP Hold'em No Limit, AKo, lost to T8o - Wed Mar 05, 2014, 12:59 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2013

Hi everyone,
this is my first hand replay and i am in dilema on weather i should bet here or i did right by sgoing all in? i think that the guy who called me is total idiot. i am sorry for insulting, but this is too much.i have been playing all day and loosing on weaker hands. i really don't know what to do anymore

Old
Wed Mar 05, 2014, 02:04 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi dimix23!

Welcome to the HA forum. With AKo, I get three limpers in front of me. A standard raise here would be to 3BB+1BB for each limper (600)... HOWEVER... this bet would pot-commit me as it will put over 1/3 of my remaining stack into the pot. This means that if I make this bet, I cannot fold later in the hand. Due to this, I'm going to shove here.

The opp has to call 1270 into a pot that will be 2940 (43.2%). From pokerstove, their hand has 36% equity against my exact hand and 33% against my whole range... so they expect to lose 7.2% of their chips on average everytime to me. It's not a very good play by them, but with their stack size, you will see many players make plays like this in all levels of games.

The key is to continually make plays like shoving here, where I expect to gain chips. In the short-term, yes, I can hit a losing streak, but in the long-term, if I make +EV plays, I will gain chips on average each time in the long run.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Mar 05, 2014, 02:13 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2013
thanks for your time..so i thought,shoving was good choice here but those kind of calls happen to me all the time and i keep loosing...lol

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com