Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL ZOOM 6-max, stacking off with AKo vs. BTN

Old
10NL ZOOM 6-max, stacking off with AKo vs. BTN - Wed Mar 05, 2014, 03:18 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
If this a +EV spot to be stacking off with AKo? Should I have 5bet shoved here? Or as played ok?

Villain is a regular (902 hands)
17/16/2.3
BTN VPIP: 27
4B Range: 5 over 25 samples

Insider information...
TOT 3BET: 7.8
TOT 3BET vs. HERO: 16.0
TOT 4BET vs. HERO: 1 out of 4

Old
Thu Mar 06, 2014, 01:11 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
The question I would ask myself here is am I creating a favorable situation for myself 5-betting so small OOP against this villain?

As played you are getting around 1:1.6 on the call (if I calculated correctly) and would hence need > 37% equity to be +EV with it. Against a range of {QQ+,AK} or even {KK+,AK} that would be the case. So if you believe villain will only move in with KK/AA you could fold, but I don't believe that will practically be the case often unless villain is really tight here on a big sample.

So in case you were certain that for instance villain would be calling your 5-bet with worse or shoving one of the ranges above every time your line may be good. If it lets you unsure of whether you need to fold or call here I would probably choose a different path of shoving yourself, calling or even folding vs his 4-bet.

Live Trainer

Old
Thu Mar 06, 2014, 03:12 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2012
Just shove.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com