Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL Zoom - AA - Fold to all-in overbet while deep?

Old
2NL Zoom - AA - Fold to all-in overbet while deep? - Wed Mar 05, 2014, 06:03 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 9 Players
Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $1.35 (67.5 bb)
SB: $3.79 (189.5 bb)
BB: $5.78 (289 bb)
UTG+1: $2.22 (111 bb)
UTG+2: $0.77 (38.5 bb)
MP1: $3.08 (154 bb)
Hero (MP2): $3.77 (188.5 bb)
MP3: $7.34 (367 bb)
CO: $8.81 (440.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A A
3 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, MP3 calls $0.06, CO calls $0.06, 3 folds

Flop: ($0.21) 3 T J (3 players)
Hero bets $0.20, MP3 calls $0.20, CO calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.81) 2 (3 players)
Hero bets $0.64, MP3 folds, CO raises to $8.55 and is all-in, Hero folds

Results:
Click to show hidden text

I feel that this fold was warranted as I can't figure a worse hand that I could beat here, I suppose KK, QQ or KQ might make this move but I am not confidant enough to put the villain on one of those hands to risk my stack.
  • Was this a good a good line?
  • What range would you put the villain on?
  • Any suggestion on videos or articles to read that apply to this situation?

Old
Wed Mar 05, 2014, 06:59 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2013
I think you played this hand absolutely fine. You showed a lot of strenght by betting into two players OTF and OTT and still he shoves on you. AA never good here imo.

Old
Thu Mar 06, 2014, 02:30 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi Ducttape19!

Preflop looks great. On the flop, I suggest betting a bit smaller, 75% pot perhaps. We don't want to get value owned by betting too large, yet 75% will set a bad price for anyone chasing a draw. Since there are two opponents in the hand and the board connects well with their calling ranges, I like leading out on the flop. We need to be concerned when both opps call your potsized bet though. Notes on the villains would help on the turn here. There are arguements for checking the turn and for leading out again depending on player tendencies.

As played, you lead out with a nicely sized bet and get jammed on. This raise looks strong. Sets and two pair are in his value range. Draws and overpairs and some Jx hands like AJ are in the range that you are beating. Again, without knowing anything about the villain, I like folding a single pair here to such a large overbet. Some villains will play AJ or an overpair in this manner trying to protect their top pair hand by overbetting on wet boards, but we don't know enough about the villain to make this assumtion. Good fold

Roland GTX

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com