Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

PSO series tournaments and Live Training

Old
PSO series tournaments and Live Training - Thu Mar 06, 2014, 07:22 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
Hello.

I am writing to suggest that you make a better schedule for you PSO tournament series.

The times you have are not fair to people who live in different time zones.

I have been asking about this before but nothing has changed.

I am sure there are many others who would agree with me that this schedule is not fair to alot of people that would like to take part in this series of events but can not because of the time these tournaments are set to start.

Also the same for the live training you offer. But it is not so much of an issue because most of the trainings are recorded.

Old
Thu Mar 06, 2014, 07:24 AM
(#2)
Thank you for reading this and I hope you can make something happen.

If anyone agrees or disagrees with this please feel free to post your thoughts on the topic.

Old
Thu Mar 06, 2014, 07:26 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2012
Won't happen for all the reasons that have been given before.

Old
Thu Mar 06, 2014, 07:28 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerstar671 View Post
Thank you for reading this and I hope you can make something happen.

If anyone agrees or disagrees with this please feel free to post your thoughts on the topic.
Hello pokerstar671,

It's unlikely anything will change in the immediate future. We've looked at this before and we schedule our events at times which best suits the locations of our largest membership, namely European and US/Canadian.

We did try to run events before for other locations but these were very poorly attended and as a result were canceled.

Cheers,
Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 06, 2014, 07:29 AM
(#5)

Old
Thu Mar 06, 2014, 07:37 AM
(#6)
Were they scheduled in the past to run around this time?

Old
Thu Mar 06, 2014, 10:30 AM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
I don't know the tournament attendance, but regarding live training I do know... the last time we tried some trainings at evening AU/NZ hours (Andy ran them, it was like 5am ET) we planned them in advance, advertised them heavily here at PSO, and even got a PS client pop up for anyone logging in from AU/NZ that advertised the sessions... and the attendance was still lower than evening ET or UK slots. I would imagine the tournament offerings that were set around 5ET/10GMT were poorly attended as well.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 06, 2014, 11:11 AM
(#8)
Since: Dec 2012
One suggestion could be to play the majority of the tournaments at the times they run currently (good for Canada and Europe), but run a small percentage that are better for people living in Asian/Australian time zones.

That way people in Asia and Australia would at least have a chance of making the top of the leader boards if they grind out a series. However, without any good tournaments for the Asian timezone it is nearly impossible for anyone living there to achieve this.

Just a thought..

Old
Thu Mar 06, 2014, 11:37 AM
(#9)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hey all!

We did run a game each day for multiple series that were Australia/Asian friendly. We couldn't even fill 2 tables in the tourneys and the players that did show up and play were from North America... not from the time zones we were targeting. One of them had 11 show up for a 6-max tourney and another only had 9 show up for a game where it's an 8 player table... we almost didn't even fill one table.

We try to schedule the games where we can get the best attendance and go with the time slots where this happens.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by JWK24; Thu Mar 06, 2014 at 12:06 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com