Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

PSO Podcast - Win Tickets!

Old
PSO Podcast - Win Tickets! - Thu Mar 06, 2014, 09:16 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)

Hello,

Very soon we will record a new episode of the PokerSchoolOnline Podcast and on the show we will be talking about the topic of 'Playing Better with Ace, King'.

We want to hear your questions about this topic. Do you find it difficult playing the Big Slick? What do you do if you miss the flop holding AK in a multiway pot?

Email your questions to forum@mypokerschoolonline.com and include 'Podcast' in the subject line. If we read your question out on the next show you will win an $11 Sunday Storm ticket!

If you've missed the last episode of the Podcast you can catch-up with it HERE

We look forward to hearing from you!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Cool
darwunbot PODCAST http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61712 - Fri Mar 07, 2014, 02:41 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2012
well it comes down to other factoes besidea just hitting.whats more impourtant in this situation pushing them away and taking the blinds or pushing and risking ,more of your stack. ryan griffin AKA darwunboy

Old
The big slick - Sat Mar 08, 2014, 12:00 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2014
Hello fellow rounders.

I find AK to be an exceptional hand to bet on turn, if on the unfortunate occurance that it missed the flop. All be it, if there isn't a bet before you to act on the turn. I find in many situations, timidness of others gets you the pot when bet appropriately

AAisPOOPOO(dislexia)

Old
Sat Mar 08, 2014, 05:17 AM
(#4)
Since: Mar 2014
I have realized that AK is very strong pre-flop but it diminishes in its strength when the player misses the flop. In the past I have always got married to the hand and ended up losing more money than I should. AK means Big Slick for most players, but for me it is Ann Kourokova. Because it looks great but rarely wins.

My Question is: If I miss the flop, should I C-bet when my opponent has called my pre-flop raise? Does it have a chance of working? Or should I consider checking?

Old
Sat Mar 08, 2014, 12:23 PM
(#5)
Since: Apr 2010
question sent by e-mail
cheers

- enjoying the podcasts btw, and nice promo!
thanks PSO!

Old
Sat Mar 08, 2014, 01:43 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2013
Hi there,
Ok, AK! In my opinion, AK looks pretty good pre-flop but if you miss it post flop it's garbage.
My question is: Would you play AK off suit same as AK suited pre-flop? and Would you just check post flop when you miss it or would you c-bet it?

Best regards,
uzbektosh

Old
Sat Mar 08, 2014, 01:51 PM
(#7)
Since: Oct 2013
most hands are garbage when the flop is missed lol

Old
Sat Mar 08, 2014, 01:53 PM
(#8)
Since: Oct 2011
Spooky. uzbektosh has asked the exact same question I sent by email a few days ago.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 08, 2014, 01:56 PM
(#9)
Since: Mar 2014
AK is very strong pre-flop is a hand that have to raise or re-raise but in pots multiway can be a hand to bring you many problems if you hit.

My Question is : ¿is rentable to call With AhKh when 2 players in front to you re raise all in and the flop is? Jd Ks

Old
Podcast: AK - Sat Mar 08, 2014, 03:02 PM
(#10)
Hi Paul,

I just sent in a question about the differences in playing AK during cash games vs tournaments.

Best of luck with the show.

Old
Mon Mar 10, 2014, 10:43 PM
(#11)
Since: Oct 2011
my question is if you have ak and you have raised it preflop with two callers, and the flop comes q k 10 and you continue bet with agin two callers then the turn comes a so now you have two pair, just wondering what should be your next move now?

Old
hi, - Tue Mar 11, 2014, 02:09 AM
(#12)
Since: Dec 2013
BronzeStar
hi< Ak was very strog and if i got ak no more hesitation i make all in

Old
Lightbulb
PodCast Question AK - Tue Mar 11, 2014, 10:35 AM
(#13)
Since: Mar 2013
BronzeStar
My question is: "On pre-flop, the A/K are great cards and should be played as such with a 3-5bb. However, how should we play them if a opponent continues to match our bets or re-raise us?"
I have won many times with A/K but have lost many times as well. I believe that we get over confident with these type of cards. Gerald

Old
Tue Mar 11, 2014, 01:55 PM
(#14)
Since: Jan 2013
Hi,Full Ring Game, I have(16BB)-- Ok Villian #1(18BB) is UTG and opens ( 6 BB ) , UTG #2 (stack leader W=22 BB) Calls, its folded around to me in CO position and I call, the flop comes J,10, 9 off suit. Now what??. ,if both villians chk ,Do I also chk to see turn card, If villian UTG# 1 shoves all-in and UTG #2 goes all ,do I fold or take a chance ??? [riverflat]

Old
Wed Mar 12, 2014, 04:59 PM
(#15)
Since: Jun 2011
I usually play AK(o) very strong. AK(s) even stronger as if i had a pair of JJ or even QQ ,even three betting and isolating opp. However my question is, if for some reason i played passive, not three betting a raise, or just calling a family pot. Then the flop comes AAK or KKA, what then? how should i play this if it is check 2 me? check back? what about a bet to me should I re raise?

Thanks guys.

Old
Thu Mar 13, 2014, 07:36 AM
(#16)
(Community Coordinator)
Hi all,

Thanks to everyone who posted questions and emailed into the show, we got tons of great questions emailed into us!

Our next Podcast Show will be published very soon so listen in to find out if you won an $11 Sunday Storm ticket!

Stay tuned!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 13, 2014, 02:25 PM
(#17)
Since: Jan 2014
"What do you do if you miss the flop holding AK in a multiway pot? "

i... i cry a bit

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com