Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Big11 ~100 left AQo faces squeeze

Old
Big11 ~100 left AQo faces squeeze - Thu Mar 06, 2014, 01:45 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2011
Around 100 left in Monday's Big11. Only been at table for 20 hands, so I am relatively readless. I had raised once and folded to a 3bet, not from this guy.

Any thoughts on the kind of range you might think an $11MTT unknown would squeeze here from big blind?
And what are you doing with your AQo?

Thanks

Old
Thu Mar 06, 2014, 02:15 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Profess Awe!

With AQ, I open, then get flatted by two opps and squeezed by the BB. I think the BB's range can be wide here, especially if he has history with the other two that flatted (they may have been at the table longer and they may be loose) and AQ is most likely ahead or in a flip with the squeezer's range in most cases, but this isn't a normal case. If it were just the BB, I'd flat and see the flop in position here... BUT... there's another big table dynamic that I need to look at here.

The raise sizing of this will put 1/3 of the other two opps' stacks in the middle if they were to continue (bet is to 43k and the opps started the hand with 159k and 152k, so they're basically pot-committed). Due to this, I'm most likely not playing for the 43k bet of the squeezer, but for one of the other two opp's stacks. I do not want to be in a multi-way pot with AQ playing for over half of my stack because the squeezer should know they will be playing for one of the other stacks and this should tighten their squeeze range considerably. Due to this, I'm going to muck here and make a note on the BB, that they have a tendency to squeeze out of the blinds, and hopefully one of the others shoves, so I can then get a good read on their squeeze range.

Due to the table dynamics here, I expect the BB to show up with a range of about TT+, AK+ .. something they would be willing to play for one of the other two opp's stacks with.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com