Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL ZOOM 6-max, bottom set OTF IP

Old
10NL ZOOM 6-max, bottom set OTF IP - Thu Mar 06, 2014, 05:12 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Is this line OK to take when we are 100bb +/-10bb deep vs. ALL VILLAIN TYPES?

Should I have RUN IT TWICE ENABLED here when we get it all in OTT? This is a spot when we're way ahead vs. a flush draw or way behind vs an over set...

Villain(25): 44/40/10.0

Old
Thu Mar 06, 2014, 06:45 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2013
Pre is standaard.
OTF, I like your raise. Then you get 3bet and you just call this.
After this 3bet villain is potcommited and will call a shove almost always so it looks to me, you should have 4bet shoved here, or, if you weren't planning on calling his shove, you should have folded his 3bet imo.
You show a lot strenght to raise big with one player left to act, and still he 3bet you. This look really strong so I really hope for you, this wasn't an overset... I don't think folding to the 3bet would have been a bad play.

Old
Thu Mar 06, 2014, 07:17 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
100BB deep, I'm happy just to get it all in OTF against any villain type, I don't really see the purpose of just calling the flop 3Bet when we're never going to fold the turn, and villain has pretty much pot-committed himself, like Ray said.

This guy playing 44/40 could have any number of flush draws, overpairs, straight draws, combo draws that he plays like this, so you're going to be way ahead of his range. Heck, this guy could even show up with T7s.

Against a supernit playing like 13/11, they tend to get really stick with their overpairs, so you're going to stack these off easily often enough to compensate for the times they have oversets.

150BB + you might want to play bottom set more cautiously.

Old
Thu Mar 06, 2014, 07:26 PM
(#4)
Thanks guys, Villain had QT of spades and we ran the river twice...
Bricked the first run, and hit his flush on the second run.

My thought process was to lower his equity by seeing the turn first but maybe this doesn't matter?

Old
Thu Mar 06, 2014, 07:56 PM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2010
Btw I never Run It Twice - don't really see the point, as long as you're bankroll is sufficient, you should be able to absorb the variance either way.

Old
Fri Mar 07, 2014, 12:59 AM
(#6)
Since: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by spand42 View Post
Btw I never Run It Twice - don't really see the point, as long as you're bankroll is sufficient, you should be able to absorb the variance either way.
I agree with you, but should we switch RIT off with the nuts? Though in this example on the flop do we switch RIT on, against a player with or without the very loose aggressive reads? I don't think we have the the best hand... but we get our one time.

The Run it Twice idea is confusing.

Last edited by ForrestFive; Fri Mar 07, 2014 at 01:20 AM..

Old
Fri Mar 07, 2014, 03:07 AM
(#7)
Since: Feb 2013
I always have RIT on, but frankly, most of the times I hate it.

They should make it "Run it 3 times". two times is stupid, nobody loves a chopped pot...

Old
Fri Mar 07, 2014, 12:13 PM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkleefstra View Post
I always have RIT on, but frankly, most of the times I hate it.

They should make it "Run it 3 times". two times is stupid, nobody loves a chopped pot...
I took RIT off... really tired of villains having less than 20% equity and getting there on the second run.

I think I've scooped the pot a few times. RIT almost always chops it up and then you lose to rake. Get's annoying.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com