Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL ZOOM 6-max, AKs flopped Broadway, turn and river descisions

Old
10NL ZOOM 6-max, AKs flopped Broadway, turn and river descisions - Thu Mar 06, 2014, 08:28 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
As played, is this standard? Checking the turn here good? and calling the river?

Villain(2k hands):30/22/2.0
Fold vs 3bet: 51

Old
Thu Mar 06, 2014, 10:08 PM
(#2)
Since: May 2011
Hi dirt eh

What an interesting hand. Pre do we see QQ 4bet, what range opens utg then facing a 3bet flat calling? Then x/call your cbet, so I understand the villain may put you on an over set and not x/r, this gives a cheaper showdown.

Now can we bet turn? I can't see a standard reason, value? So get worse calls when the board pairs, or as a bluff so better folds?

I'm stuck in the mud with this hand. Going with a turn protection bet and fold to a raise (it can't be quads or a boat)? Hard for me to find the fold button. Unfortunately the villain would probably call a turn bet and not raise (we could have QQ or a bigger boat).

So on the river if we had bet the turn? Now this is getting complicated so.. I'll stop rambling on now.

Last edited by ForrestFive; Thu Mar 06, 2014 at 10:22 PM.. Reason: typo could have better

Old
Fri Mar 07, 2014, 05:00 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
First off, well played I feel and a very interesting spot.

As you seem to have a large sample on villain I would look at his MP open % and his defense vs 3-bets there calling, it helps you eliminate big portions of hands from most peoples ranges and conclude the optimal line here.

As a default I would bet turn and be happy to get it in, we are only dead to a couple of combos here BUT if those are the kind of combos villain is most likely to defend here passively pre your line could very well be superior.

Live Trainer

Old
Fri Mar 07, 2014, 12:06 PM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSO-xflixx View Post
MP open % and his defense vs 3-bets there calling
Villain opened UTG.

EP OPEN: 20
EP Call 3Bet: 71 (14 samples)
EP Fold to 3Bet: 29 (14 samples)

He's continuing with 14.2 percent of his range!

I also have some extra notes on the villain.
Flop notes:
folds to cbet on Ace high flops (19/21) 90%
folds to cbet on wet flops (30/44) 68%

I'm not sure about my river call because I feel like the villain is always showing up with a boat here and we're sometimes splitting. That's why I was asking if this river call is standard. I mean, he could have KK... I don't know. I checked with the turn with a "Royal Gutshot" but maybe I should be betting this? I would have obviously bet again if the board didn't pair.

Old
Fri Mar 07, 2014, 03:24 PM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt eh View Post
Villain opened UTG.

EP OPEN: 20
EP Call 3Bet: 71 (14 samples)
EP Fold to 3Bet: 29 (14 samples)

He's continuing with 14.2 percent of his range!

I also have some extra notes on the villain.
Flop notes:
folds to cbet on Ace high flops (19/21) 90%
folds to cbet on wet flops (30/44) 68%

I'm not sure about my river call because I feel like the villain is always showing up with a boat here and we're sometimes splitting. That's why I was asking if this river call is standard. I mean, he could have KK... I don't know. I checked with the turn with a "Royal Gutshot" but maybe I should be betting this? I would have obviously bet again if the board didn't pair.
Over bet the flop and blast the turn and river he is calling with tons of stuff.

Old
Fri Mar 07, 2014, 07:33 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2198 View Post
Over bet the flop and blast the turn and river he is calling with tons of stuff.
What do you expect the villain to be XC my cbet with here??? I give him: TT+, QJ, JT. He'll be XR AK.

Old
Sat Mar 08, 2014, 01:03 PM
(#7)
Since: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt eh View Post
What do you expect the villain to be XC my cbet with here??? I give him: TT+, QJ, JT. He'll be XR AK.
I thought you was playing some 60vpip fish, but i just seen your top post and he looks more laggy than a fish, so now im more inclined to bet a standard size but he is calling with a wide range pre he will be calling with any pair, you cant tell me he flats that wide of a range to fold a pair and a gutter.

Think i might bet fold the turn now though unless he would raise trip queens.

What do you think about villain flatting the flop with bottom set? Im not sure whats the best play as the preflop caller with a set on this type of flop, i don't see how we can only raise the flopped nuts and thats it.

Last edited by mike2198; Sat Mar 08, 2014 at 01:09 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com