Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5nl zoom top set on wet board

Old
5nl zoom top set on wet board - Fri Mar 07, 2014, 12:24 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012

no reads
Is betting the turn too thin? I still can get called by AK with a diamond, QQ-AA right? and there's always 3 combos of QJo if the guy happens to be that lose.
I think the whole river was a mistake, must have been on tilt or something. Nonetheless how would you proceed, x/c a smaller bet and x/f a bigger one? From the range of hands that we beat, I see only AA and KK betting there, maybe some weird bottom set. And AK with a diamond bluffing but gotta have reads for that.

Old
Fri Mar 07, 2014, 12:46 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Personally I think your river bet is too small I would bet closer to $2-2.25. This is a prefect BET BET BET situation. If we get raised OTR we need to fold.

Old
Fri Mar 07, 2014, 11:18 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2012
Bigger OTT, shove river.

Old
Sat Mar 08, 2014, 12:05 PM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Board texture hits villains range pretty hard. I think as played once you get to the turn either slow down and pot control or plan on getting all-in by the river. Try to check, check/call to river for pot control or bet bigger on turn so you can shove river.

Old
Sun Mar 09, 2014, 10:53 AM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2010
I'll start by 3betting larger preflop to atleast 0.5$
Flop (1.02$) I'd also bet bigger 0.80$
Turn (2.62$) I'd bet 1.5$ at this point when villain calls they would have 3.61$ left and the pot size by the river would be 5.62$... easy river shove when we only need to be good ~28%
Expect to lose to AdQd,KdQ, KQd win against QQ, TT, 99, AdT

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com