Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL ZOOM - KK facing turn raise / give up?

Old
10NL ZOOM - KK facing turn raise / give up? - Fri Mar 07, 2014, 01:16 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Should I be folding vs this turn raise? Or C,XF OTR?

Villain(93): 20/13/4.0
TOT ATS: 31

Old
Fri Mar 07, 2014, 11:17 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
I think we should peel the turn / reevaluate river.

Old
Sun Mar 09, 2014, 10:37 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi dirt eh,

Given stats, this opponent doesn't look to be that great with the gap in VPIP/PFR; I would be inclined to call if I think they might overplay their AQ here but being OOP really sucks because if we call we have a tough river decision. I'd usually bet/fold turn against tight opponents and could call against loose weak opponents.

Preflop I think I would have preferred a slightly bigger size given stack size and opponent; same goes for the flop. I want to extract more value when I can.

To call the turn means we need them to be raising with AQ, and some bluffs. Which means they need to float the flop with AQ and raise turn or call flop with 99/88 and turn their hands as a bluff OTT (I think this opponent type might be incapable of such line; not that I think it's a good line to do so given we 3bet and fired two streets) - would be helpful to look at their fold to cbet stat at this point.

Let's think of hands that would call our 3bet preflop and call the flop:
Given the stack depth I think it would be correct to call with all sort of SCs, PPs, AQ, AJs, ATs, KQs
When they call the flop, I think they will have TP (AT, QTs, JTs, T9s), underpairs (99/88), overpairs (QQ/JJ), sets (TT/77), OESD (98s), Overcard floats with backdoor equity (AK, AQs, AJs, KQs, QJs)
I think alot of the hands that call the flop would call or fold the turn and only few hands would raise us.
Think of a hand like AcJc, AcTc, JcTc, or JJ; would hands that pick equity OTT bluff raise at this point?
I think the hands that raise us here will be: AhQh, AsQs (If they are bad to overplay TP; very doubtful about that), QQ, TT, 77, QTs which really makes me want to fold since there are not enough combos of TP or bluffs that we beat and also because there are no great ways for us to improve by the river.

Also if you look at their PFR stat and aggression they are raising a tight range and being aggressive which is very reasonable since they will have a strong range that can be played aggressively for value.

Last edited by geoVARTA; Sun Mar 09, 2014 at 10:40 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com