Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL ZOOM - Weak2P facing turn DONKshove

Old
10NL ZOOM - Weak2P facing turn DONKshove - Fri Mar 07, 2014, 02:55 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Wondering what our calling range should be here vs a recreational player.

OTF: my decision was to call and proceed with caution.
OTT: villain DONKshoves... Stack off? or do we need better cards here?

Villain(17): 65/35/2.6

Old
Fri Mar 07, 2014, 04:11 PM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2013
looks like he haz 44's ... nothing else... or maybe AQ ....

Old
Fri Mar 07, 2014, 04:54 PM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturoSasuki View Post
looks like he haz 44's ... nothing else... or maybe AQ ....
I strongly disagree.

Old
Fri Mar 07, 2014, 05:36 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2012
If he is aggressive, I think I stack off, if not, then I think I fold.

He shouldnt have AA or QQ because he just called pre-flop OOP. He could have AQ, Q9, A9 and shove that on the turn. Could also have 44 or 99. He might do this with flush/straight draws too but that would be quite horrible.

I think if he is an aggro monkey I can think about calling here.

Old
Fri Mar 07, 2014, 05:53 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoylegend View Post
He shouldnt have AA or QQ because he just called pre-flop OOP. He could have AQ, Q9, A9 and shove that on the turn. Could also have 44 or 99. He might do this with flush/straight draws too but that would be quite horrible.
Personally I think shoving here with any hand is quite horrible... LOL why would the villain shove 3 x the pot with AQ, Q9, A9, and sets...

Personally I'm calling this shove with any set, and AQ. A4 is really really close IMO.

Old
Fri Mar 07, 2014, 09:42 PM
(#6)
Since: Sep 2012
Not folding.

Old
Fri Mar 07, 2014, 10:24 PM
(#7)
Since: Oct 2011
Against someone with those stats, I think I prefer 3-betting the flop, expecting him to stack off any flush draw or Ax. You can call the flop check-raise if you expect him to barrel with flush draws, but I think I'd be quite happy to end the hand right there on the flop, as there aren't many good turn and river cards for you.
As played, call turn. His shove is more likely to be desperation move than a value-jam I think.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 08, 2014, 06:04 AM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt eh View Post
Personally I think shoving here with any hand is quite horrible... LOL why would the villain shove 3 x the pot with AQ, Q9, A9, and sets...
[/B]
It is often horrible, of course, but if you think your opponent will call an overbet...why not?

That's read dependent of course.

Old
Sat Mar 08, 2014, 07:28 PM
(#9)
Since: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
Against someone with those stats, I think I prefer 3-betting the flop, expecting him to stack off any flush draw or Ax. You can call the flop check-raise if you expect him to barrel with flush draws, but I think I'd be quite happy to end the hand right there on the flop, as there aren't many good turn and river cards for you.
As played, call turn. His shove is more likely to be desperation move than a value-jam I think.
I agree with all of what Arty said entirely.

Against someone this maniacy and spewy, I think he'll be willing to GII OTF with all sorts of draws, worse two pair, even some Ax.

As played I share your caution, but against this villain type I'm calling the turn.

Old
Sat Mar 08, 2014, 08:10 PM
(#10)
I did call. Villain had A9 of diamonds.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com