Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL 6max - bet my set 77 and please raise me for my stack

Old
5NL 6max - bet my set 77 and please raise me for my stack - Sat Mar 08, 2014, 12:27 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
Hi,

Talked about this before in other HA threads, in flopped set hands, donk betting and hope to get raised. Here is a bit different because the raiser gave up the initiative.

I'm not donk betting 77 from the button on a 5Q7 flop. I'm in position betting the line to see if maybe this huge cash cow actually pays me. And they raised my flop bet...

OK nut draw or sick QQ? Now I 3bet flop, sizing how much? Shoved all-in please pay me?

1) Bad equity against nut draw?
2) You fool only better calls - no value?
3) Exceptionally well played and the villain less so?

PS deleted rubbish

Last edited by ForrestFive; Sat Mar 08, 2014 at 01:04 AM.. Reason: in HA before said donk lead set to get raised - now bet re-raise

Old
Sat Mar 08, 2014, 01:14 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
I'm never folding here. You're 80bb deep and you have middle set. Well played.

Old
Sat Mar 08, 2014, 01:29 AM
(#3)
Since: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt eh View Post
I'm never folding here. You're 80bb deep and you have middle set. Well played.
Re-player is spewed it's about 97bb pre, called 15c with $4.71 behind. No difference to the caller.

Old
Sat Mar 08, 2014, 02:03 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
Doesn't matter... 150bb deep I'm not folding, maybe even 200bb deep depending on V type. Villain will be betting top set on that flop more often than not.

Old
Sat Mar 08, 2014, 03:12 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2012
I think its played pretty well and I wouldnt do anything different.

When he goes for the check raise, he often either has a strong draw, air, top pair (Or some random two pair but that seems unlikely) or a set himself which could be either the 5's or the Q's.

Your so often ahead here that I think stacking off is good.

Old
Sun Mar 09, 2014, 11:41 AM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2010
I think I like calling more because we are IP and we allow them to bet the turn with their entire x/r-ing range; The board does not have too much that worries us; I mean there are 8 diamonds left in the deck if they have a FD and 4 cards if they have AA/KK so that 12 cards that we don't like which basically means 76% of the time we will see a safe turn card.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com