Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

quads , moar value?

Old
quads , moar value? - Sat Mar 08, 2014, 03:17 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
could i get moar value from dis? was thinking that i could justcall turn and hope he jam river... but probably he could be giving up OTR... cuz he overbets.... idk....

Old
Sat Mar 08, 2014, 04:56 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2013
nh!
With his bet ott he pretty much made himself potcommited, yet he folds to your shove so I think he was just bluffing.
a call would perhaps be a good play seeing your hand is the prob the absolute nuts. he might hit something otr (flush?, boat?) and shove it but i think he was just making a bad bluff.

if you wait till the river to shove, he has an easy desision. eighter he has had or not. ott he might gamble, so more value for you, so well played imo!

Old
Sat Mar 08, 2014, 06:18 AM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkleefstra View Post
nh!
With his bet ott he pretty much made himself potcommited, yet he folds to your shove so I think he was just bluffing.
a call would perhaps be a good play seeing your hand is the prob the absolute nuts. he might hit something otr (flush?, boat?) and shove it but i think he was just making a bad bluff.

if you wait till the river to shove, he has an easy desision. eighter he has had or not. ott he might gamble, so more value for you, so well played imo!
i was thinging exactly same things

Old
Sat Mar 08, 2014, 02:59 PM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2013
hmmm, I must be totally wrong than.. hahaha just kidding

Old
Sat Mar 08, 2014, 07:54 PM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2010
Like Ray, I'm surprised that he folded to your shove after making the overbet, so I think shoving the turn and hoping he calls with a flush draw is reasonable. You could also call turn and lead-shove the river, but if none of the draws come in, you might not get called too often.

I would have probably led the turn though rather than check/shove. It's tough to say what's best because whatever you do looks superstrong, but I think if you lead the turn, you might be able to level your opponent into thinking you're on a draw and he might be able to get you to fold with a shove. Whereas with the line you took, if he bet a normal size and you check/raised for a second time, it's very hard for him to call with anything other than a boat.

Old
Sun Mar 09, 2014, 02:21 AM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spand42 View Post
Like Ray, I'm surprised that he folded to your shove after making the overbet, so I think shoving the turn and hoping he calls with a flush draw is reasonable. You could also call turn and lead-shove the river, but if none of the draws come in, you might not get called too often.

I would have probably led the turn though rather than check/shove. It's tough to say what's best because whatever you do looks superstrong, but I think if you lead the turn, you might be able to level your opponent into thinking you're on a draw and he might be able to get you to fold with a shove. Whereas with the line you took, if he bet a normal size and you check/raised for a second time, it's very hard for him to call with anything other than a boat.
what i thought was that i can check OTT to let him bluff.... but if i will call overbet it looks so unlikely that i will fold river to jam, so it looks to me that i can jam it now cuz river will only jam or call 88 but with 88 he will call my turn jam too... so maybe he had some 77 or AJ trying to fold some AK?! though i just flatted, but many 2NL players also flat AK

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com