Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

bad jam OTT with nuts?

Old
bad jam OTT with nuts? - Sat Mar 08, 2014, 12:50 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
should have i slowplayed it or played differently?

btw my big preflop raise is OK, and it isnt that big actually... i was playing reg tables and i started to play with preflop raise sizes

Old
Sat Mar 08, 2014, 03:16 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2013
Don't like slowplaying this. He can only catch up or get a better hand...

A shove is a bit too strong thou, I would simple do a raise to 3x his bet

Old
Sun Mar 09, 2014, 11:50 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
I'm all for shoving turn given stack sizes we also cooler all Jx.
Just a few comments for preflop play. I sometimes would just complete the SB with KJ if the BB is passive because I don't want to bloat the pot with a marginal hand OOP. I'd also look to cbet the flop much smaller just to fold hands like A6, A5, 55, 44, 33, 22 or worse hands that could bluff us OTT and OTR when we miss.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com