Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Blinded out in FreeRolls

Old
Blinded out in FreeRolls - Sat Mar 08, 2014, 11:58 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
BronzeStar
Hi guys, this must be my 3rd post on these forums, as I'm a new member to pokerstars and poker school online. My question is…I get very deep in the poker school online FreeRolls, usually around 800-1000 people is when I get knocked out of tournaments mainly due to blinds and playing tight…Should I maybe take on a different strategy? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

Old
Sun Mar 09, 2014, 09:58 AM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2012
Hi Tom,

Are you talking about the Open Skill League tourneys? Because those are all about going consistently deep so playing tight is right and avoiding early bustouts is a must. There's a simplified strategy thread here that you might find helpful.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Mar 09, 2014, 04:48 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2013
BronzeStar
Hi Fadyen,

Yes I was and thank you very much for the thread. I was just in one of the EPT grand final free rolls and busted out in 12th place (I was very close to making it to the 125 euro's). Gained a lot of experience, played tight at the beginning and then opened up later down the road.

Thanks again,

Tom.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com