Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL2 6max, T7s, what would be the correct play ?

Old
NL2 6max, T7s, what would be the correct play ? - Sun Mar 09, 2014, 02:21 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2014
i dont know why did i even played this hand, played bunch of 10c 360m turbo, 2c hyper 990m sngs before this session, played bunch of carppy marginal hands at there a lot, maybe it effected my preflop judgement, was this a simple preflop fold ? after the flop, tried to push villain out with a cbet , villain had 29/12 Fold to cbet 100(2/2) in (17) hands.

what was the correct play? is it ok to play this range of hands or should i just folded preflop ?

Old
Sun Mar 09, 2014, 02:36 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Snap fold pre

Old
Sun Mar 09, 2014, 06:54 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
I often open T8s in this position, but not T7s. It might be Negreanu's favourite hand, but unless you have his skills, it's better to fold pre.

As played, I think betting and checking are both viable options on the flop, but you clearly don't want to play a big pot with this hand when you're nearly always flipping or losing if you get called.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Mar 09, 2014, 11:07 PM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2012
Why are we cbetting?

Old
Mon Mar 10, 2014, 12:49 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdayy View Post
Why are we cbetting?
I agree, if we cbet here we've now turned our hand into a bluff. You'll have to triple barrel here when you cbet this flop.

Old
Mon Mar 10, 2014, 08:09 AM
(#6)
Since: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
I often open T8s in this position, but not T7s. It might be Negreanu's favourite hand, but unless you have his skills, it's better to fold pre.

As played, I think betting and checking are both viable options on the flop, but you clearly don't want to play a big pot with this hand when you're nearly always flipping or losing if you get called.
i guess i watched too much Negreanu at the old episodes of High Stakes Poker lately :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdayy View Post
Why are we cbetting?
my thinking at that moment was;
i had second pair with a backdoor flush draw, also i pushed that villain out of the pot before with a cbet, i didn't put the villains hand in a K range and tried to use the K on the flop as a scare card for my cbet. now i guess i should've just checked at there.

Old
Mon Mar 10, 2014, 01:17 PM
(#7)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi Luniaril, T7s ... well we should probably be folding this preflop unless we got some really sick Phil Ivey type post flop skills

As played, I think this is a sweet spot to check back the flop as we are unlikely to get called by worse and we have MP + backdoor flush + backdoor straight. We can check back here and call a decent amount of turn card: all blanks, 7, 9, possibly a J and all clubs.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com