Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

$3.50 [6-Max, Turbo] - Heads-Up 22bb effective should we flip A5o vs TT

Old
STT $3.50 [6-Max, Turbo] - Heads-Up 22bb effective should we flip A5o vs TT - Sun Mar 09, 2014, 09:05 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
Hey, boom has stopped working so can't post the hand.

So after a bit of a grind to a single table money spot Heads-Up. Against this opponent who was as bit of a lag - more front than substance. At 100/200 with TT btn open 2.5x = 500, starting with about 4.4k and get shoved on by the villain who just covers me.

Q) So, Heads-Up, me 22bb effective should we flip against their A5o vs my TT?

Trying to attach the bust out picture...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flipA5vsTT.JPG (48.3 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by ForrestFive; Sun Mar 09, 2014 at 09:21 PM.. Reason: add starting stacks if no attachment

Old
Mon Mar 10, 2014, 01:11 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2012
TT is stack easy for me in HU even with 30BB and you aren't flipping against A5 you are 70% favorite there.

Old
Mon Mar 10, 2014, 06:27 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2012
It's a stack off 100bb deep let alone 22.

Old
Mon Mar 10, 2014, 12:32 PM
(#4)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi,

Hand Analysis

Other than having reads of Varadinhas being a lag, did you have reads as to how frequently they 3bet jam all in pre-flop from the big blind? I'd be willing to call with pretty much any pair 77+ or decent Ax combo + AT+ KT+ QT+ JT+ and possibly much wider if I had specific reads. Assuming this villain was playing 20% of their entire range for a 3 bet jam, we'd have about 60% equity in the pot, on this stack depth we should be willing to play for stacks, we have a made hand heads up and will very rarely ever be a dog versus the top 20% of a LAGS range.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Mar 10, 2014, 01:31 PM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdayy View Post
It's a stack off 100bb deep let alone 22.
only for very small values of 100bb

I mean. really? do you stack off headsup w/100bb effective with TT?

Last edited by TweedleBeetl; Mon Mar 10, 2014 at 01:33 PM..

Old
Mon Mar 10, 2014, 06:33 PM
(#6)
Since: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TweedleBeetl View Post
only for very small values of 100bb

I mean. really? do you stack off headsup w/100bb effective with TT?
It depends on the dynamic.

Typically when I've been heads up in tourneys (usually in specific HU tourneys), I've usually felt that I've had a large edge over my opponents - so I'd typically look for a better spot to take a flop and outplay them postflop or outplay them in the rest of the match.

However if your skill level is similar and both of you are playing super-aggressively (as you should be doing) then stacking off with TT 100BB deep is completely fine, as there normally is a significant amount of light 3Betting+ going on.

Old
Tue Mar 11, 2014, 01:42 PM
(#7)
Since: Oct 2011
You opened 2.5x on button with TT and villain shoved? SNAP CALL so fast you break your finger.

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com