Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

1.00 180's QQ SB

Old
1.00 180's QQ SB - Mon Mar 10, 2014, 07:15 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=4B9B8B44D4

10 players left.

Hero (SB): 35.37 BB
BB: 14.71 BB (VPIP: 17.86, PFR: 10.71, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 28)
UTG: 27.03 BB (VPIP: 37.50, PFR: 5.04, 3Bet Preflop: 5.00, Hands: 122)

Old
Mon Mar 10, 2014, 03:41 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2013
hey
This is preflop shove!

bungakat

Old
Mon Mar 10, 2014, 05:23 PM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2013
Hey, bungakat!

Do you really suggest to shove 34BB stack pre? Why?

Thanks!

Old
Mon Mar 10, 2014, 06:48 PM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2012
Hey sapines1001

As played I think you were correct to let the hand go. There's no way that villain is going to re-raise you all with the small amount of fold equity that he has with an Ace.

I would however 3 bet larger preflop in an attempt to stop villain flatting us in position, I' would be looking to force him into either folding or shoving all in. I would like to have seen you make it 8.5k or even a full 3x as we are playing from the small blind ( we must make them pay to play in position against us )

Villain started the hand with 26 big blinds so if we did shove then it would be a rather big shove but one thing that stands out to me is villains raise sizing, he's made it the full 3x which is often an indication that he has a strong hand unless his standard raise is always 3x in which case his range isn't restricted to only strong hands.

Cheers, Chris.

As for shoving preflop... I think that it was a valid option.

Old
Mon Mar 10, 2014, 06:57 PM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2010
I prefer the non-shove 3Bet in case we want to 3Bet light sometimes if the villain is being quite aggressive. I agree with Chris' sizing because you're OOP.

On the flop I'd CBet both AK and QQ the same size on this flop - I'd probably even make it a touch smaller than you made it but your sizing is fine. You want to leave yourself enough room to bet/fold when you don't have an A or to easily shove the turn if you have got an A and it doesn't all go in OTF.

Old
Tue Mar 11, 2014, 03:24 AM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2013
Hey
Its FT bubble and because of ICM id shove this, and its only 27bb effective, but this guy 3x open so yeah, just shove it in. Also i think 37/5 stats shows this guy is pretty passive player and when you 3bet in this spot you getting called most of the time and playing postflop OOP for big pot, where your opponent basically gets in when hits and folds when dont aint going to be great place for you to be since you aint improving in most flops. Also 40% of times there will be overcard at flop where u have to give up. I think what i mean is that if you shove this preflop you just make sure that you wont get in akward spots at flop.

bungakat

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com