(#1)
Since: Feb 2014
BronzeStar

Crazy how none of the 3 premium hands held up over complete junk! :p

Old
Wed Mar 12, 2014, 05:37 PM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2013
Giving the stack sizes and blinds, Im guessing this is early stage of an MTT, and honestly, after UTG shove and 1 caller, KK is an easy fold this early in the tourney. Especially if you have more fish behind to act. The more players, the weaker KK gets. Same goes for AA, but Im not expecting anyone to fold AA in this spot

Old
Wed Mar 12, 2014, 05:49 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2012
Nah, it happens elsewhere too.

Old
Fri Mar 14, 2014, 04:02 AM
(#4)
Since: Mar 2014
It's not a "Only on Pokerstars" kind of hand. This is a "That's poker" kind of hand.

Old
Fri Mar 14, 2014, 04:22 AM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by westlyking View Post
It's not a "Only on Pokerstars" kind of hand. This is a "That's poker" kind of hand.
+1000

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 14, 2014, 04:25 AM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2011
The more players in a hand the weaker our premium becomes. When we plug the numbers in

AA = 57.59%
KK = 18.359%
AQ = 5.72%
74 = 18.32%

I was quite surprised by this as there are a few clubs gone for the 74 to hit but it also shows that 74 will win 1 in 5 times in such spots and he is the same strength as our KK here. That's not to say it's a good play, it will lose 4 out of 5 also when he gets his chips in and long term it's a very -EV play.

When you call in multi way pots, think of it like this: Against 1 random hand KK will be a 80% favourite but when you factor in v's 2 opponents it will drop to around 60% (you have to beat 2 players instead of 1). The more players that enter a pot then the less of a chance you have of winning. You might be favourite overall to win but your percentages drop against more opponets. That's why it's important to raise and isolate with our monsters and not do anything fancy at micro stakes.

Saying that, unless I've a specific read, I'm snapping off here with KK and although you were unlucky to run into AA, calling v's 2 or 3 in this spot will win you chips long term.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Crap hands happen - Sun Mar 16, 2014, 06:41 AM
(#7)
Since: Mar 2013
BronzeStar
This sadly happens to me more than I would like to admit. I remember one time I had pocket aces and Pre-Flop I went all in. All folded on me accept 1 villain whom called me. He had off suited 2,3. Flop came down and the villain picked up another 2,3 given him 2 pair. The turn and River gave me nothing and the villain nothing more.
I believe that with online or computerized poker, people will play different than they would if they were playing live poker. More so if it is an unlimited Rebuy game. There is nothing that can be done about it except adjust our style of game to include these type of hands and these type of players that play these hands.

Old
Tue Apr 01, 2014, 03:55 PM
(#8)
Since: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIM1C View Post
Giving the stack sizes and blinds, Im guessing this is early stage of an MTT, and honestly, after UTG shove and 1 caller, KK is an easy fold this early in the tourney. Especially if you have more fish behind to act. The more players, the weaker KK gets. Same goes for AA, but Im not expecting anyone to fold AA in this spot
I get what you're saying about equity going down, but I am never folding KK here either.

Was this a real money tournament? If so you guys should play the play chip tourneys they play tighter lol

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com